am i losing enough weight?

Options
when i started mfp about 4 weeks ago..my weight was 225 and i now weigh 216...9 pounds..ive been exercising a good amount almost everyday, sometimes i end up skipping a day but not very often..and im eating 1370 calories or less a day, never over..i dk i just dont feel like im doing very well but maybe thats just my thinking.

Replies

• ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    Thats more then 2 lbs a week, you dont want to lose more then that. You are doing great!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    9 pounds in four weeks is spectacular!!
    Forget about the Biggest Loser, that isn't real life.
    Keep up the good work.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You are doing just fine! Even when you have a lot to lose, 2lbs a week is still the prescribed "maximum healthy weight loss", so 9lbs over 4 weeks means you are losing just over the 2lbs a week at this point.

Don't rush it! If you go too fast, you are doing more harm to your body than good, and you are more likely to rebound. The weight sure as heck didn't appear overnight, and if it feels like it's taking *forever* to come off... that's because our society has trained us to want immediate gratification on EVERYTHING! Slow and steady wins the race on this one, and is healthier in the long run.

Kudos to your commitment, and gratz on your weight loss so far!
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's great! And at 220 ish pounds, you could probably go for eating a few calories more, especially if you're working out alot. So don't sweat it. If you were my client I would have you eating more calories because when/if you plateau or start to slow down you're going to want to lower calories further by "instinct" which will again draw you closer to severely low. I don't know what you're eating or what protocol you're doing. Olive oil is 120 calories a shot, real butter, avocados. I prefer fat or protein. Your hormones do as well.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week is great. As long as you are eating healthy and exercising you are losing the right amount. Because you are a little on the heavier side you do have the potential to lose more than that but 1-2 pounds a week is on track. If you want to lose more, exercise more and you will. Your intake is fine. Drink lots and lots of water!
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You are averaging a little over 2 lbs per week. That's excellent! Good numbers for being able to keep it off long term. If you look at the bigger picture that's 36 lbs in 4 months!
  • Mandarz
    Mandarz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your doing amazing, my goal is to loose 1/2 to 1 pound a week as that is the rate that people are most likely to keep the weight off.. slow and steady maintains..
    I would LOVE to have lost as much as you did! my feb goal is 3.9 pounds, its going to be tough, but i think i can do it!
  • jbottmama
    Options
    You are doing great! Dont get frustrated, just keep at it!