Alone on Valentine's day?

Options

Replies

• nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah but I'm not too bothered. It's just a normal day for me (except it's my best friend's birthday the next day :)). I guess maybe it's made a bigger deal in the US (and UK?) than it is in Germany?
  • AlaskaLily
    Options
    V-day is total bull! I have a wonderful fiancee, but we don't even believe in this holiday!

My gal friends and I celebrate STEAK AND CAKE day...I have no clue how we came to this title, but we all love steak and cake...so we splurge on a yummy meal and then make some ridiculous cake recipe to try! It's so much fun!!!
  • BarbelleBaby
    Options
    Single - yes!

Alone - No!!

I'm cooking for a friend and we're going to watch Ryan Gosling movies (hopefully Drive and Crazy Stupid Love)... and maybe The Inbetweeners just for the 'Playaz!'

I'm SO excited :D:D:D
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sort of lol...a guy friend and I are going to see the first Star Wars movie in theaters on Valentine's Day, and then we are going to watch the rest of the series after that at his place (I'm assuming)...Star Wars marathon!! So I guess it's not an alone alone thing but it's not a lovey dovey day either haha. Star Wars > Guys
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    V-day is total bull! I have a wonderful fiancee, but we don't even believe in this holiday!

My gal friends and I celebrate STEAK AND CAKE day...I have no clue how we came to this title, but we all love steak and cake...so we splurge on a yummy meal and then make some ridiculous cake recipe to try! It's so much fun!!!

That sounds wonderful. I might tell my boyfriend about this. I've always believe it's outrageous to use one day a year as an excuse to appreciate someone you love....that should be done everyday, or at least more often than one day! Plus it's a corporate money maker, I noticed a few weeks ago a dozen roses was 8 bucks and during Vday they double or even triple! The only good thing is the clearance chocolate after. hehe. Which I'll have to try and stay away from. I'm grateful my boyfriend shares this view with me. And I have spent MANY v-days alone and it didn't bother me as much. Only because I've been through enough bs with guys that it isn't worth getting upset over. I'm lucky to have the man I do now, I appreciate him everyday instead of just one.

Cake and steak...I'm already hungry. :D
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Husband passed, kids grown and gone alone most holidays see my kids about once a year
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Single - yes!

Alone - No!!

I'm cooking for a friend and we're going to watch Ryan Gosling movies (hopefully Drive and Crazy Stupid Love)... and maybe The Inbetweeners just for the 'Playaz!'

:love: :love: :love:
    Ryan Gosling is always welcome in my house :) I'm like a teenager when it comes to him :)

I'm in a relationship, but I won't be with my fiance, because he's away. I guess I'll be spending it with Ryan Gosling as well :)
    Valentne's day isn't a big thing in my country. I was never really interested in it. I am lucky that my fiance is very romantic all the time :love:
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Single - yes!

Alone - No!!

Those two movies are as different as they could be. The only thing they have in common is Ryan Gosling. Which is good enough of a reason to watch them both. ;) They are both very good but I just thought I'd give you a warning because I didn't quite know what I was getting myself into when I saw Drive the other week. Not for people with a weak stomach.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    single as always. i've never had a real valentine date. i'll sign up for mfp valentine
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    not technically alone, I will be surrounded by group of other singles and honestly to me that is more romantic than anything else!
  • lollye51
    lollye51 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sort of lol...a guy friend and I are going to see the first Star Wars movie in theaters on Valentine's Day, and then we are going to watch the rest of the series after that at his place (I'm assuming)...Star Wars marathon!! So I guess it's not an alone alone thing but it's not a lovey dovey day either haha. Star Wars > Guys

I love Star Wars!! You're a lucky lady! ;D
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    first time in 4 years ill be alone this time but i really don't give two ****s anymore, its all a bunch of hooey, I'm just going out with my girls
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Win!! Everyday is a good day for Star Wars.... Episodes 4,5, & 6 of course....
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no need to be sad. Its really just another day. Why not celebrate how great you are!!! Make yourself an awesome meal, grab a movie or go get yourself a massage! Do something for yourself.

I remember in University, all my girl friends one year had a Single girls night of pizza and sex and the city. I was uninvited because I had started dating someone (although was long distance for the month of Feb), and the next year, I got uninvited AGAIN because I was single and they were not. lol.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    1st yr i'll be single for v-day! i will either go out with friends or join a meetup group that's going bar hopping for v-day. i won't be the single sad girl at home!!
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm single again this year, but now is NOT the time to meet someone new! The last thing I want is some guy who's needy and lonely because it's Valentine's day and he's single! lol

I'm independent and need someone who is as well. I've never understood the people who go from relationship to relationship with no time alone in between. Jeez, I sound so bland, when really I'm the most romantic person ever (and I have the books to prove it!) lol.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    haha yes, second year in a row...hate that day
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    22nd year in a row! This surely is some kind of record.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why everyone gets so worried over being alone on a silly holiday. It is just a day.