3 wks in, hurt my back :(

Options
Ive been doing p90x for three weeks, today I was doing my favorite workout, Kenpo X, and hurt my back. I twisted and I think I pulled a muscle. I was working so hard the past three weeks, had motivation, eating well..now I just feel so ANGRY and I am afraid that if I have to rest for a few days or a week, that I wont want to get back on that horse again. Maybe I should take a break from p90x and do some other cardio workout..but I just dont know. :( I just needed to vent. IM SO ANGRY!

Replies

• Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Take a couple days off but make sure to eat right and maybe go for a walk. Your back is a very important muscle so you don't want to hurt it more. I think once you start again you will jump right back into it. I took a whole month off due to vacation and when I came back home it was back fl eating right and working out 6 days a week
  • marighnerd
    Options
    ice it!!!! that always helps. or heat it...that helps too.....my back has been killing me for ages!!!! i know how to deal with it. oh ya......REST!!!!
  • ronald4133
    Options
    If there's another activity you can do for cardio, do it for a few days. Whatever you do, avoid aggravating the back. I have permanant pain due to overtraining for several years. So rest up. Good luck!
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys..I iced it on and off for a few hours. Its better, a little stiff and depending on how i move, it is sore.