Recommendations on Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Any recommendations on heart rate monitors under $100? I've never used one before and probably don't need anything too sophisticated. I'm just looking to figure out how many calories I'm burning while working with a trainer doing all kinds of different exercises- running, burpees, push-ups, pull-ups, jumping rope, rowing, weight-lifting, etc.

Replies

• BigDaddy822
    Options
    Just bought a sportsline s12 yesterday. It seems to work good I a have tested the speedometer and the heart rate monitor seems to work really good and it was only like 40 Bucs.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    The polar FT4 or FT7. Both under 100 on amazon
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7.
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just bought a sportsline s12 yesterday. It seems to work good I a have tested the speedometer and the heart rate monitor seems to work really good and it was only like 40 Bucs.
    yep i got this one a week ago at walmart same price:flowerforyou:
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    polar ft7 and amazon has a really good low price on it...that is where i got mine.
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    i also own a Polar FT7 and wouldn't be without it... fantastic HRM!!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Polar FT4......simple and precise. :flowerforyou:
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Theres a lot of answers to this same question if you use the search function
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    In that price range, I'd recommend a Polar. I tried both a Timex and a Sportsline and they both worked fine but, only lasted a year(ish). The Polar I have has worked great for many years!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options

I knew this was coming sooner or later.

ANYWAY, I bought the Polar FT4 a week ago for $61.88 on bodytronics.com, got it two days after that. Great HRM. I love it.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first HRM 3 weeks ago..i bought the Polar FT4 ..i wanted a name brand that i knew alot of people used and that would be accurate..and b/c like you, i only wanted to know the calories i was burning while working out without all the extra stuff these other models do. its excellent. It stores your workout info and you can upload your workout data directly into your computer if you wanted to. Its so easy to work. It comes with the strap, the watch, and the transmitter. I bought mine at target on sale for $85 and that's including tax and everything. If your're looking for something simple to work, and to tell you very accurate calories for a great amount of money, i deff. recommend the polar ft4 ..good luck =)
  • lynnjunior
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 (because of recommendations from here) and LOVE it - I got it from bodytronics.com and used promo code POPO (also from a friend on here -:love: ) for $58.79 includes free shipping, most other sites didnt even come close to that price! It's awesome, actually counmts your calories burned and times your workout ALONG with keep your heart rate!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!! :flowerforyou:
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Definitely go with a Polar. I did a lot of research on HRMs before I bought mine. Polar was on top. I got the FT4 because I didn't like any of the colors of the FT7. I love my FT4!! Highly recommend!!
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a sportsline. I"ve only had it for a month and a half but so far it has done great.
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do not recommend the Timex. Mine works just fine for the Heart Rate function, but it is awful at estimating calories burned. It's wonderful for a confidence boast, but I know I do not burn as many calories as it estimates.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline that also has a chest strap from Target. Under 45 bucks I think it was actually 39.99 type of deals. It works great I love it. I have had it for 6 months and it has a lot of modes. Good Luck!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options

I knew this was coming sooner or later.

ANYWAY, I bought the Polar FT4 a week ago for $61.88 on bodytronics.com, got it two days after that. Great HRM. I love it.

I ordered mine yesterday from there!!!! Can't wait to get it!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Marina614
    Marina614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 hands down the most accurate and easiest to set up and run. Amazon $60 Sporting goods store $89.99
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have also been looking at HRM, the Timex Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor looks pretty good for $40. and got some good reviews.

I am noticing most people have bought the Polar FT4 and a few bought the FT7. I'll have to relook at the Polar HRMs.