163 lhs lost (with photos)

Options

Replies

• andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi Anj. Amazing transformation. I must comment though that the weight didn't stop you to travel. Good for you and congrats.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! Just amazing.
  • ptcgirlie
    Options
    Incredible loss!!!
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you did an amazing job!
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm Anj. I woke up one day and was really disheartened that I was too fat for my "fat" pants. I hope these photos can be an inspiration to you. I didn't have any surgeries done nor did I use any weight loss programs or pills. I joined Curves for Women and tried to adjust what I eat. It's been a hard struggle and I've fought for every pound I've lost. There is no magic cure to losing weight. Food is a daily struggle. I now exercise daily at Good Life Fitness Centres and completed my first half marathon last fall. I will always fight but I'm never going back... You will have to cut and paste these links since I don't know how to "hyperlink them" into this post.

These 2 photos are from me at my heaviest... 313 lbs. One is in Greece and the other is at my friend's wedding (the bride's maid dress is a size 28)

?action=view&current=fcd589b0.jpg
    ?action=view&current=aprilwedding.jpg

These 3 are more recent photos at the 150 lb mark... First is a cute dress I loved and had to buy (size 10) Second is a tough walk in China (I spend 3 months each summer there) and Third is a windy day in a size 8 short and medium sized top at the Great Wall of China.

?action=view&current=Anjsdress.jpg
    ?action=view&current=disgruntledanj.jpg
    ?action=view&current=thegreatwall.jpg

I'm aiming for 135... hope to post up the finished product when I get the last 15lbs on the books!

Anj

Forgot to post my own comment - great work!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Oh My Gosh, you look awesome, well done pretty lady! And here's to the next 15lbs. You can do this!!! Well done again!!!
  • christal0611
    christal0611 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm Anj. I woke up one day and was really disheartened that I was too fat for my "fat" pants. I hope these photos can be an inspiration to you. I didn't have any surgeries done nor did I use any weight loss programs or pills. I joined Curves for Women and tried to adjust what I eat. It's been a hard struggle and I've fought for every pound I've lost. There is no magic cure to losing weight. Food is a daily struggle. I now exercise daily at Good Life Fitness Centres and completed my first half marathon last fall. I will always fight but I'm never going back... You will have to cut and paste these links since I don't know how to "hyperlink them" into this post.

These 2 photos are from me at my heaviest... 313 lbs. One is in Greece and the other is at my friend's wedding (the bride's maid dress is a size 28)

[img]http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/?action=view&current=fcd589b0.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/?action=view&current=aprilwedding.jpg[/img]

These 3 are more recent photos at the 150 lb mark... First is a cute dress I loved and had to buy (size 10) Second is a tough walk in China (I spend 3 months each summer there) and Third is a windy day in a size 8 short and medium sized top at the Great Wall of China.

[img]http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/?action=view&current=Anjsdress.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/?action=view&current=disgruntledanj.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/AnjMichou/Anj and more Anj/?action=view&current=thegreatwall.jpg[/img]

I'm aiming for 135... hope to post up the finished product when I get the last 15lbs on the books!

Anj

Awesome job! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • christal0611
    christal0611 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

?action=view&current=fcd589b0.jpg
    ?action=view&current=aprilwedding.jpg

?action=view&current=Anjsdress.jpg
    ?action=view&current=disgruntledanj.jpg
    ?action=view&current=thegreatwall.jpg

Anj

Awesome job! Keep up the good work :smile:

tried editing it so the picture will show.. but it didn't work. =(
  • __Stacy__
    __Stacy__ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! keep it up! You will be one of my inspirations to look back on when I get discouraged!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    WTG OP! You look like a totally different person in your last piccie!!!

You've done yourself proud! :flowerforyou:
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    how do you get to them?
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Awesome!! You look great!!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think it's inspiring to read your story and to see the pics. Also, it's great that you're sharing with everyone, that you have 15 lbs left to lose and that you have to work at it still. I think when you have a lot of weight to do (I do), it's easy to (wrongly) assume that if someone has lost as much as you have, that the last few pounds must seem easy.
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Anj,
    What an inspiration you are. You look so much happier! And I'm sure you have tons of energy now! Congratulations on your success.
  • bj6886
    bj6886 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Anj,

I so appreciate your post. It's encouraging, especially to someone like me with a lot of weight to lose.
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    WOW! You look gorgeous! Thank you for sharing and restating that it isn't easy. What an inspiration. Looks like you are out living and enjoying your new life. Well done. You will get those last 15. You are a winner.
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Wow! What hard work and dedication!
  • silkii_locks
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • Anjeroo
    Options
    Firstly... I get disheartened all the time. I try to reach for a friend (or a message board now!) instead of a bag of potato chips.

Another person here messaged about skin and setbacks... there are issues with both of those things. It's been an uphill battle. if you look at the dates on the photos this is over a five year period. Deaths in family, bad relationships, injuries (from running and a broken tailbone from para sailing in Mexico.. geesh I can be dumb sometimes!), and COOKIES OMG I HATE COOKIES! I was at 150 and SOOOOO happy for months! Then... a set back and I was right back up to 180, back down to 160, injured and out of the gym and up to 175 and down again...

I'm glad many commented about the "last 15". It really as hard as people say. So now I'm a happy sized 10 with TONS of energy. I can run, play, jump, shop... I have energy to spare. i don't walk upstairs I run... ALWAYS... but the last 15 are toning, weights, muscle stuff... it really is hard. I don't want to lose weight in an unhealthy way ever again. I really think I've tried every fad diet, pill, scam and cheating way to do it in the past years.... but there's one thing that always worked.

I never got fat by eating pills or taking injections. I never got fat by surgery either. So I'm not getting THIN by any of those methods either. I got fat by eating poorly then eating even WORSE coupled by being too busy and making excuses not to exercise. Genetics does play a part in it but I stopped blaming that too. So... I got thin by eating better then REALLY tightening up what I eat and and accepting that the gym is just as much a part of my day as breathing. I hope this photos prove it CAN be done in a healthy way, it's not easy and you will have set backs... just don't let them get you down.
  • JoAsh2
    JoAsh2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I couldn't look at pictures because when it took me there it ask for a password. But reading everything it sounds really great, you have come a very long way, and I know you can complete the rest of the journey to your goal. Super Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!