Epsom Salt in your bath twice a month!

Options
Put 2 lbs (YES!! 2 POUNDS) of Epsom Salts into a warm bath. Relax in the bath for 5-10 minutes. Massage your skin for 5 minutes. Get out and dry down. Wrap up warmly for at least an hour.

Feel the toxins purge from your body and feel your body soak up the magnesium for essential use.

Retire relaxed and totally cleansed.

*This tip was brought to you by Jane Scrivner - The Little Book of Detox :wink:

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    5-10 minutes?? LOL That isn't a bath, that's just a dip. My preferred is to soak until the hot water cools off with half a cup of Muscle Soak (epsom salt with lemongrass and eucalyptus). Clears the sinuses, relaxes the muscles and leaves a slight warm/cold tingle to your skin. Perfect for before bed on a cold night.
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    5-10 minutes?? LOL That isn't a bath, that's just a dip. My preferred is to soak until the hot water cools off with half a cup of Muscle Soak (epsom salt with lemongrass and eucalyptus). Clears the sinuses, relaxes the muscles and leaves a slight warm/cold tingle to your skin. Perfect for before bed on a cold night.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that about 5-10 mins lol
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

LOL... that's what the tip says, but I normally soak for at least 20 minutes. I didn't want to change it in case someone jumped on me for saying .... THAT LONG? No win situation on this forum! :tongue:

Try it though.... you'll glow in the dark!!! :laugh:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like to throw some epsom salt into the bath when I need a good relaxer for my muscles. I usually use a couple handfuls and soak in it forever and a day.... I love some hot water and epsom salt.

I don't know about it's detox benefits, but I do know that magnesium is something that I benefit from getting. I used to take supplements to help with my migraines. I know that some folks get too much magnesium and find themselves with diarrhea, but I seem to suffer from the opposite problem more often.
  • sloew
    sloew Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ooooo Epsom salt in a HOT bath with a mixture of essential oils! I love it! So relaxing and a great stress reliever!!!
  • itsablondething
    itsablondething Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love love love an epsom salt bath with a few drops of essential oils of cammomile and lavender....