Feel like giving up

Options
2»

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't turn into muscle and you can't gain muscle in a deficit. With that said, its probably water retention assuming you are doing everything correctly.
  • msnessamichelle
    Options
    You got this girl! Don't give up, 1 pound is amazing!! It used to be just like that for me. I would work out like crazy and by the next week I would lose NOTHING! And sometimes even gain weight! Than I really cracked down on what I was eating, tracked everything and worked out the same way. Another thing I did was eat half the calories that I had burned from exercise. It makes such a difference! From those little changes I lost 12 pounds in January! Stay at it! It'll be worth it in the end! :D
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's too early to throw in the towel my friend..just keep pushing.
  • buggs1958
    Options
    As a former weight watchers member,i did the same thing a few times.I learned in my meetings as well as from my doctor,you burn calories but you also build muscle when you exercise.Muscle weighs more than fat so their for you may not lose as much if any at all while building up muscle.Hang in their give it a few days and you will start seeing results again.
    Hope this helps.
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    kirstie, everyone has said good things. It all makes sense but it's still frustrating and disappointing not to see improvement after working so hard. Mighty disappointing. I feel your anguish....we all do...because we've all been there. Everyone who tries to lose weight faces scales that don't go down, or inches that don't come off. It's totally understandable to feel like all the effort is just not worth it. So go ahead....feel that way. You deserve to.

Just remember that tomorrow is a another day. It's going to come whether you weigh less or more. What do you want to do? You want to weigh less or more? If you want less, follow the advice here. Keep doing the right things. Eat less. Document everything. Weigh it out if you have scales. Measure things. Make sure you list everything you eat. It's the eating that makes the pounds come off more than the workouts. Those are good, don't get me wrong. But you have to eat less...this is especially true if you're counting the "number of calories burned" on some of the gym equipment machines. They tend to exagerate their claims.

We're rooting for you. And hey...we aren't the experts here. We're slogging along just like you. Failing some days, succeeding some days. But in the long run it works. It really does.
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and don't give up! You may not be seeing that scale move *yet*, but you are making your body better, and in turn, it WILL start to reward you! I didn't read every single post, but as a woman, I DO know there are certain times of the month I know my weight loss isn't as good as the rest. Yes, I track that too! I can be very informative!
  • jereibold
    jereibold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! It will be so worth it! Up your water intake. Watch your sodium. Drink 16oz of water before bed. Your bladder can hold it. It will flush u out as you sleep and in the am, empty it all out!! Good luck! Stay focuced!! :flowerforyou:
  • kirstieamb
    kirstieamb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyone, thank you for all the love and support, I'm going to keep working at it. As for what's I'm eating, I've been eating healthier and drinking lots of water. Also, what I do, I eat smaller portions of food and I utilize the mfp a lot!! I guess I just expected to see more results but I can honestly say that I'm proud of myself. Thank you so much for the love and support, it gave me a boost of energy to keep fighting and pushing harder.
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    kirstie, everyone has said good things. It all makes sense but it's still frustrating and disappointing not to see improvement after working so hard. Mighty disappointing. I feel your anguish....we all do...because we've all been there. Everyone who tries to lose weight faces scales that don't go down, or inches that don't come off. It's totally understandable to feel like all the effort is just not worth it. So go ahead....feel that way. You deserve to.

Just remember that tomorrow is a another day. It's going to come whether you weigh less or more. What do you want to do? You want to weigh less or more? If you want less, follow the advice here. Keep doing the right things. Eat less. Document everything. Weigh it out if you have scales. Measure things. Make sure you list everything you eat. It's the eating that makes the pounds come off more than the workouts. Those are good, don't get me wrong. But you have to eat less...this is especially true if you're counting the "number of calories burned" on some of the gym equipment machines. They tend to exagerate their claims.

We're rooting for you. And hey...we aren't the experts here. We're slogging along just like you. Failing some days, succeeding some days. But in the long run it works. It really does.

^^^^^
    What coolowl said...:happy:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    it's possible that you can actually gain more weight before losing it. maybe your re-hydrating, building muscle which are good thing. once the losing stage get's in then it will be continuous. in my case my starting weight is 183 then it went up to 185 then in recent week i lose 4 lbs then this week its 0.5 lbs.
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    THE SAME THING IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO ME... SINCE I HAVE NOT SEEN A CHANGE ON THE SCALE FOR THREE WEEKS AFTER STAYING UNDER MY CALORIE GOAL & WORKING OUT 3-4 TIMES A WEEK... 3 CORONA-RITA'S FOR ME TODAY... THERE'S ALWAYS TOMORROW... HIS WILLING... KEEP PUSHING & TAKE ONE STEP AT A TIME... THIS ROAD IS NOT FOR THE WEAK...