Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Recipe

Options
loaded-mashed-potato-bake.jpg

Today’s SinOrSlim recipe is for a low carb version of loaded mashed potatoes using cauliflower instead of starchy potatoes that will cause an insulin spike and weight gain. Instead of my traditional step by step picture display, I have decided to try out a YouTube video. I’m fairly new to this video thing so please leave me your feedback on both the dish and the video! Hope you guys enjoy this delicious keto side dish as much as I did! =)

STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE: http://sinorslim.com/sides/loaded-mashed-cauliflower-recipe/#more-1335

Ingredients:
8 oz Cauliflower
6 Slices Center Cut Bacon
2 Tbsp Whipped Chive Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Sour Cream
2 Slices American Cheese
1 Tbsp Butter
Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Chives (Optional)

Directions:
1. Set oven to broil so it’s already warm when we melt the cheese later
2. Steam cauliflower and cook bacon slices
3. In a food processor combine steamed cauliflower, butter, cream cheese and sour cream
4. Add chicken broth little by little until your desired consistency is reached
5. Pour the mashed cauliflower mix into a greased baking pan and add in crumbled bacon pieces
6. Add the cheese slices to the top of the mashed cauliflower and bacon mix and broil for about 5 minutes or until cheese has browned
7. Let cool, serve on a plate and enjoy! (I decided to add some chives in the end as well)

FOR THE MACRO NUTRIENT BREAKDOWN AND OTHER LOW CARB AND KETO RECIPES CHECK OUT www.sinorslim.com !

Replies

• BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I have cauliflower waiting at home for something like this. Thanks!
  • SinOrSlim
    Options
    no problem! hope you like it!
  • buglass10
    buglass10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump!my little girl will love this too!x any idea on how many calories? X
  • TechNerd620
    TechNerd620 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What's what I was wondering... how do you determine calories and nutritional information for home recipes like this?
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sounds great.

@Tech - you can put recipes into MFP - Food --> recipes and then add the ingredients and how many servings it is and they'll tell you what the breakdown is :)
  • lucy2808
    lucy2808 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tara200
    tara200 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ttshu11
    ttshu11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • samatalma
    Options
    That looks good, but not very healthy to me.
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    YUMMY keeping this for later!!!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What's what I was wondering... how do you determine calories and nutritional information for home recipes like this?

Go to the recipes tab under your food, and hit add recipe...search for your ingredients, amounts, add it in, and don't forget your # of servings and it calculates total cals, fat, etc....I think this is the best feature of this site, since I homecook 99.99% of our meals, and makes it so much easier to log foods.
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Oh YUM-O!!!!! Thanks for the recipe. Definitely gonna try it!
  • mv0912
    mv0912 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yum!!
  • deborawrrx
    Options
    this sounds delicious! definitely going to try this soon :) thanks for sharing it!
  • melissadawn1990
    Options
    bump
  • Piperette
    Piperette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    yum bump yum............
  • cimorosete
    cimorosete Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • reneeramirez4christ
    Options
    thanks for sharing! I'm making it tonight with fish tacos! :)