Green Tea

Options
Does drinking green tea really give you a small metabolic boost?

Replies

• djmontana
    djmontana Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think it is known for being a great fat burner.
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    not sure if it really does. i have a thyroid issue to begin with, but I do drink green tea, specifically woolong green tea. I love the taste of it.
  • soozy84
    soozy84 Posts: 118
    Options
    Not sure. It might be psychological, but I always feel better when I have at least one cup of green tea a day.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Not sure but I know I am unable to tolerate it. I have tried it twice and vomited immediately afterwards both times. It certainly resulted in a calorie deficit for me??!!
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Did you vomit because of the taste? If so, don't leave it brew for too long or it gets very bitter. Green tea is lovely with a little bit of honey and lemon in it. Also you can get green tea with added flavors. Green tea and pear is awesome!
    Flavored white tea is also amazing, you could try that if you want a low calorie, non caffeine hot drink :flowerforyou:
  • nayrairam
    Options
    I normally buy the Lipton Green tea to drink and I have felt like it gives me energy, though this post is the first I had heard about that being true. However, I don't drink it very often because of the amount of calories in it.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have drunk 3-4 cups of green tea almost every day for the ant-oxidants for maybe the last six years.. During that time I lost a lot of weight then gained it back, so can't claim it helps with weight loss.
  • amylouise83
    Options
    Hi, i used to work and sell tea! Im a bit of a tea freak, and love trying out new and interesting teas other than the usual black tea!

Green tea is very good for you, and best not brewed for too long as it can taste bitter. I drank green tea for a while until i discovered white tea which considered is better for you.
    This is due to the fact that the tea is picked as a leaf earlier in the growing stage, thus keeping its purities and is full of antioxidants. You can buy white tea in any supermarket.

For fat burning tea, i tried something called Pu Erh, which is a red tea from china. It has many health benefits, but is mostly known for its slimming qualities. I drink it every now and again (im still trying other strange teas) But always come back to Pu Erh. We used to recommend customers to drink at least 5-6 cups a day, it has quite an aquired taste quite smoky, But i used to add a huge slice of orange to sweeten it up.
    I found after drinking it for a while, i did feel alot healthier and my skin cleared up. Im not saying this will defo make you loose weight but is a great tea to introduce into a healthy diet and weight loss programme.
    I hope that helps, im off now to put the kettle on!!