30 day shred

today will be day 6 and I really don't feel like doing the 30 day shred. I am tired and bored and don't see the results everyone else talks about. Help anyone? Everyone says it's because my height is only 4"10' so it will take longer. I only want to lose 5 lbs. in the next 3 weeks. Is that impossible?

Replies

• Maybe 30DS isn't for you.
    Some people take longer to lose weight than others. It all depends on your body chemistry. Here's a couple of tricks that I've heard of that might work for you:
    Try eating as many raw fruits and vegetables as you can, as they take more energy to digest than cooked fruits and veggies.
    Cut down on salt. Salt will make you retain water, thus causing you to weigh more.
    As always, keep yuor caloric intake to around 1200-1400/day.
    And then stick to the typical dieting rules that you probably already know (white meat, whole grains, lots of water, less fat and sugar, etc.)
    When you are working out, make sure to really push yourself. Make sure it hurts (but don't injur yourself, of course). You really want to keep your heart rate up for the whole time. Make sure your abs are tight the whole time, too. You'll be able to feel your abdominal muscles holding in your belly fat. Try other workouts. Here's a good one:
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    Jogging never gets boring for me. There are so many different places to go and see.
    And there are a million other things you can do, too! Try mixing in strength workouts with cardio workouts, since having more muscle will help you burn more fat!
    you can lose the weight. Maybe not 5 lbs in 3 weeks, but yuo can lose a lot of inches in that time. And inches are what really matter. Inches are what's going to make you tell a difference in the way you look. Just keep at it! You can do it. Don't get discouraged. Just keep going.
    Anywho, sorry if I'm just rambling on about things you probably have heard time and time again. But it really works if you stick to it.
    Good luck, you can do it!
  • 30 day shred definitely works ime, but if you don't enjoy it then there are a million other work outs that are just as effective if not more. personally, jumping rope hard for 15 minutes a few times a week and lifting weights a few times a week is a better work out than any level of 30 day shred, and i enjoy it more.

if you stick with it you will see results, but if it's torture you really don't need to be doing it! finding something you enjoy and eating right are a lot more important than what workout program you are on imo
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    I am 4' 10" too and I have lost 5 pounds since Jan 1 sticking to the 1200 calories and I started the shred and I have done 10 days of level 1... so not impossible but definitely hard work but so worth it