5 lbs by saturday?

Options
i've lost 20lbs since i started mfp.:happy:
i love mfp:love:
as bank's post tells me, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations i am in stage 5 and have been at my current weight for over a month.:cry:

i really wanted to reach my goal weight before i start vacation this saturday.
i do not think it's possassible.:cry:
:grumble: but i have 5 more lbs to lose:grumble:

i'd feel succeseful even if my # dropped for only 1 min.:noway: it being just water weight or maybe i peed a lb! (:laugh: yep, it happens a lot)

could you tell me any advise on my delimma? :tongue: :tongue:
added exercise?:tongue:
less food?:noway:
water pills?:tongue::tongue:

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Don't even think about trying to lose 5 pounds in 4 days. There is no healthy way to do it, period.

Be happy with the great job you have done to lose 20 pounds, and be really happy if you can stick with it during your vacation.

Don't do anything that can hurt you for a short lived weight loss, it's not that important in the long run.

:drinker:
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    I echo chgudnitz's thoughts . . . there's no healthy way to do it, and you could end up gaining twice as much back by putting your body under that kind of stress.

It concerns me that you say you'd be happy to see the pounds drop for even a minute . . . that tells me you are too focused on a number on the scale and not focused enough on being healthy. Why would a minute matter to you in the grand scheme? You've done a great job so far -- don't sabotage that.

Goals are good, but when they become blind obsessions they can be VERY dangerous! I have been in stage 5 for a while, too -- I've only lost .5 pounds in a month. However, to keep myself from over obsessing on my pound goal, I've set other goals -- doing a certain number of situps/pushups, walking an increasing number of miles, doing X number of cardio minutes a day/week/etc. Meeting those goals each week gives me a taste of success and something to be proud of while I am struggling through the plateau.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I gotta say I totally feel you on this. I'm working at a camp next week and would LOVE to fit into my old jeans and camp clothes before then... and I've been doing all the right stuff... but it's taking time. If you invent a magic pill between now and then let me know! :wink:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, IMHO, cut that idea off at the knees. Why even put yourself through that for something that is arbitrary and meaningless. Better to know you are doing it right and healthy then risk the mental and physical breakdowns that can happen when we miss out.

Think about it this way, if you deprive yourself for a week before a vacation, you're more likely to go into "vacation mode" and scarf down everything in site when you are there, rather than keeping some sense of health and only being moderately unhealthy (cuz let's face it, if you're moderately unhealthy on vacation, you're doing pretty decent!) and not completely destroying your new lifestyle.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Take your scale and place it on the living room carpet then weigh yourself and enjoy your vacation!:flowerforyou:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Take your scale and place it on the living room carpet then weigh yourself and enjoy your vacation!:flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile:
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah, IMHO, cut that idea off at the knees.

If you cut your legs off at the knees, that would drop a few pounds...:laugh:
    But really, stick with it, you are doing great. Any way to lose 5 pounds in a week would almost certainly be 4 pounds of water, and your body needs those fluids!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

put the scale close to the towel bar in the bathroom, take off all your clothes, get on the scale while holding the towel bar. You will safely lose, 5-10 pounds instantly!!:laugh:

Oh and have fun on your vacation.:flowerforyou:

Do not take away from all your hard work to date simply for a number:angry:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i think it is great that you are so close to your goal. maybe just eat healthy ON vacation, and go hiking lots. it'll give you the opportunity to try out great foods from wherever it is that you are going and see the sites!
  • sparkyspal
    sparkyspal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you find a magic pill let me know..I would like to drop 10 in 2 wks
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    :love: i love mfp:love:
    you all r great, thankyou:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

everyone said what i know is true.:frown: :frown: :frown:
    nobody said anything like what i was hoping to hear!:sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad:

i have been bouncing from 137 to 143 for the past month, so i was counting 137 as my low to compare w/.:noway: :noway:
    thanx 2 you all, :flowerforyou: i am no longer going to push myself to reach my goal prevacating.:wink::grumble: :wink: :grumble: :wink: :grumble: :wink: :grumble:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    I wouldn't try to do that, there's no healthy way to do it.
    But.
    If I was feeling silly and decided to do it anyway, I'd go atkins.

But that's just me.

Please be safe! You could lose maybe another pound or 2 before then if you eat great and exercise alot!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :love: i love mfp:love:
    you all r great, thankyou:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

everyone said what i know is true.:frown: :frown: :frown:
    nobody said anything like what i was hoping to hear!:sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad:

i have been bouncing from 137 to 143 for the past month, so i was counting 137 as my low to compare w/.:noway: :noway:
    thanx 2 you all, :flowerforyou: i am no longer going to push myself to reach my goal prevacating.:wink::grumble: :wink: :grumble: :wink: :grumble: :wink: :grumble:

muaha!! kisses to you!! :smooched: