Need a grocery list..

Options
I dont know anything about cooking and eating healthy food.. i live off of animal crackers, if somebody would supply me with a list of a weeks worth of fantastic healthy not-so expensive food that would be great (:

Replies

• KaitiMoss
    KaitiMoss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well what types of food do you enjoy?

I would say some musts would be:

*Greek yogurt (I like to eat mine with a nature valley granola bar). Greek yogurt has recently become the new healthy must food because of all the protein it packs!
    *Wheat bread
    *Veggies, veggies and more veggies!
    *brown rice
    *whole wheat pasta

I have been meeting with a nutritionist and they told me that as long as you are exercising be sure to get 4 servings of carbs a day, and try to eat them before dinner. Also be sure to get 3 servings of protein, whether it be from meat, nuts, beans or an other source, when you are exercising protein is needed to help build up your muscles. Veggies are also super important because you can eat a TON and the calorie count is very low. So if you like to eat a lot- like I do- I would say try and have a serving of veggies with every meal, it'll help fill you up but wont add up too high.

I hope this helps...Let me know if you need anything else.
  • SeptemberHalloween
    Options
    Grab some berries that are in season, they're cheaper and they are a great snack- you can eat them like potato chips, just grab a hand ful and pop em in your mouth, perfect for munchies or to put on your oatmeal or in your yogurt.

Get lots of greens- romanie lettuce is a favorite, plan on making salads, I like white chicken breast seasoned different ways for my salads.
    Tomato, avacado, onion, I always have those on hand. Brocollii and carrots for steaming and sweet potatoes for dinner are a good one.

Greek yogurt, yes! Oats for breakfasttime oatmeal or eggs for an egg white breakfast, add some pepper, garlic, and cut up green peppers, red peppers and onnions with a side of black beans. Oh beans!

If you want the easy way, a can of organic beans are great, black beans and pinto beans, put some bbq sauce on the pinto beans for dinner with some seasoning and heat until tender on the stove, got some baked beans for dinner c:

Fresh meat from the groccery is best, buying it the day you'll eat it or freezing some and eating the rest, thats what we do.

Cucumbers, I forgot, those are great, and Oroweat thins, anddd yeah c:
  • little_sally1
    Options
    Could someone tell me what the actual measurement for a 'cup' is. A lot of the foods I search for say 1 cup is so many calories. I find it very confusing that anyone would measure something in cups rather than actual weight - there are so many different size cups!

Also how much is a MFP glass in the drinking water section - my glasses are a pint.

look forward to hearing from someone with clarification :0)
  • KaitiMoss
    KaitiMoss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When you see 1cup on different food they literally mean to take a measuring cup and measure the amount. Does that make sense?