Calories? How bad is it to be under

Options
As I begin my weight loss journey, I noticed Im not getting the calories I need. MFP gave me a target of 1400 a day, and I struggle to make a 1000. It looks horrible (like today) when I have over 900 calories to go (including my work out calories). A few people have suggested peanut butter which I have added like everyday. Some say avocado which is ok sometimes. I know in my head I can not lose weight without feeding my body what it needs.
Im not going on a crazy diet or anything, Im eating the same foods I always have, I just dont overflow my plate. For some odd reason I get full before I finish eating the portion Im suppose to be eating.
If Im always under calorie, should I so call "cheat" one day of the week? I just dont get it, the only thing I cut down to an extreme is soda (Im addicted to coke) which I still have one can about 5 days a week.

I really need help cause I've lost inches but no weight yet and I wonder if not consuming all the calories Im suppose to is effecting me.

Replies

• sweetqui23
    sweetqui23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am the same way when u start to eat better and were no longer stuffing our stomach by over it shrinks so we get full quicker so if u cant reach your goal u should at least eat 1200 cal a day that's what I do, And soda was the first thing I cut when I started my journey and I loved soda but there so bad I may have one once every blue moon lol but I substitute with sparkling water once a month when I want to have that soda taste
  • thehealthbunny
    Options
    the thing with eating so far under is you're setting yourself up to binge (with my experience at least) and eating under 1000 calories is way too little as your body likely isn't getting the nutrients it needs and may actually begin to store fat. plus... by eating so little when you increase calories you will gain as your body becomes used to the little amount of calories you eating. you want to eat more so that you can maintain your weight with more food in a day. try increasing portion size by a bit, nut butters... nuts/almonds/cashews/etc... healthy fats... bananas... more carbs pre workout. protein shakes :)
  • Angie0rtiz
    Options
    the thing with eating so far under is you're setting yourself up to binge (with my experience at least) and eating under 1000 calories is way too little as your body likely isn't getting the nutrients it needs and may actually begin to store fat. plus... by eating so little when you increase calories you will gain as your body becomes used to the little amount of calories you eating. you want to eat more so that you can maintain your weight with more food in a day. try increasing portion size by a bit, nut butters... nuts/almonds/cashews/etc... healthy fats... bananas... more carbs pre workout. protein shakes :)

Protien shakes! Any suggestion on which ones taste better, or contain better nutrients? Ive heard Whey protien is good but at the same time arent those shakes mainly for muscle building?