Looking for support

Options
I am a young female hoping to develop better eating habits. My mother is extremely overweight and will probably die from obesity related problems. I do not want to be like her, but I fear I am heading down that path. I need some support. If you will be my friend, and help hold me accountable, I'd really appreciate it.

Replies

• DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I know that you can be successful! I'll support you if you support me:)
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start. We all need support, how about I'll help you and you help me. Together we can all accomplish our goals. I am a lot older but I'm still here. Glad you took the first step. Welcome. Let's do this weight loss, lifestyle change together.
  • loveableredhead64
    Options
    Yes, I would love to encourage you. Just let me know what area you need help in. Eating as many vegetable and fruits will help alot. Try to stay away from fast food. I have really been looking at calorie count of fast food and it would be hard to lose weight and eat out all the time. But when I am going to go out to eat, then I check the menu and nutrition info before going, that way I know what I will order and how many calorie I will be consuming. It really helps. You can do it. Just keep telling yourself ~~ you will be successful. You are on the right path. Keep going and hang in there. It will all be worth it and you will feel so much better.
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me......I give plenty of support and will not hesitate to comment when necessary....everyone needs constructive criticism...even me.
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    youve come to the right place. Go ahead and add me :)
  • southerngirl89
    southerngirl89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also!!
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My mother was told she will die by the age of 60 and she is 58 now. She's 5'4" and 360 lbs and has high blood pressure, sugar is 500 and she has heart problems. I too am on a quest to not become my mother. Feel free to add me.
  • MissMo36
    Options
    If you are looking for motivation, I can help. Feel free to add me
  • EJWoolcock
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone!)

Good luck!

EJ
  • debinewb
    Options
    I've just started with the friend aspect of myfitnesspal and I'd love to find friends to support and have them support me.:flowerforyou:
  • russywy
    Options
    I need more friends on fitness pal, and not sure how to do it?
  • gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It sounds as though you have come to the right place -- we are all here for different reasons, but I am sure we can all use support no matter what path we are on or what stage we are in for our weigh loss or our quest to get healthy.... :) Congrats on realizing you need to improve yourself and you are now taking the steps to do so! Welcome aboard....

Also, any one who wants to be friends on here as well... feel free to add me and we can support each other as we go!
  • Cross_fitter
    Options
    Hi and good on you for wanting a better life for yourself....remember not to be scared to eat... because the more you fuel up with healthy foods the better you'll feel AND you'll lose weight. Remember also, that veggies and protein in 6 small meals throughout the day will really help to boost your metabolism. You're making a great start, stay positive and I'd love to stay in touch ;)
  • gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I believe if you go to "Invite Friends" you can put in e-mail addresses to invite your friends to join myfitnesspal... If you are looking for people that are already using the program that you may already know but just don't know they are using this program too (if that makes sense), I put my username on my FB profile and put it in my status a couple of times and told people that if they want to join me, here is my user name, and if they can't find me that way, I will also give them my e-mail address to do an add that way. Hope that helps!
    I need more friends on fitness pal, and not sure how to do it?
  • lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also.