What worked for you?

Options
wish21
wish21 Posts: 602 Member
I am just wondering what worked for you guys as indiviuals. Basically How'd you do it?

Just an FYI I am:
5'4
Need to lose 25 lbs towards my mini goal(healthy weight range) and another 25 towards my ultimate goal weight
Oh, and yes I am 18:smile:

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I basically did a good bit of cardio and maintained my calorie intake at 1200 a day for several months.. then I noticed I lost too much lean muscle and decided to amp up the calories some and focus on strength training to build some of it back up. Replacing sodas and junk with water definitely helped too.
  • wish21
    Options
    I wish I could lose at 1200 cals a day, but it just want working for me:ohwell:
  • dharju
    dharju Posts: 12
    Options
    LOTS of small snacks I like almond 100 cal packs, yoplait fat free greek, little cans of v8, and soup, EAT two salads a day and you will lose for sure! water water water!!!!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    We have told you sweets. Nothings going to change till you are ready to change it. Yes you will find some people doing what you are doing, but most people are doing what your friends have suggested.
  • wish21
    Options
    We have told you sweets. Nothings going to change till you are ready to change it. Yes you will find some people doing what you are doing, but most people are doing what your friends have suggested.

No, you have it all wrong.. Im asking because i love reading about what worked/is working for people. I find it interesting to see how different we all are..
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Changing my eating habits dramatically. I'm a recovering binge eater and not binging has been the hardest part. I eat 1200 calories a day and try to eat healthy, wholesome, unprocessed foods, however if I want something unhealthy and it fits in my calorie goal, I will eat it. I also have "spike" days once a week (or sometimes once every 1.5 weeks, depending on what's going on in my social life; because I like to keep it flexible, it's much easier to maintain this way).
    For the most part, it is the mental aspect that has guided me. You need to want it more than anything, and take responsibility for your own body. I've lost almost 30 lbs and never could have done it without internal motivation. Good luck x
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me thus far is to eat a minimum of 1200 calories per day, and if I exercise to eat those calories back. :smile: I try and exercise 4-5 days a week and burn 400-600 calories. I like to exercise first thing in the morning, and plan my meals and snacks around how many calories I have banked. My diary is open to the public and I like to view others diaries to get meal ideas.

Planning ahead has helped me TONS. I cook a couple meals that are great as leftovers on the weekend and then don't do much cooking during the week (I work FT and have 2 kinds 2 years and younger). I have a great support system in my husband as well as my MFP friends.

My starting stats were 204lbs, 5'3", 25 years old. I am now at 183.0lbs. I started my lifestyle change on 11/1/11, and found MFP in mid-December.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!