Weighing in

Options
How do you weigh in? Do you weigh in with the exact same clothing on each day or just do it in the nude so you know the exact weight? Clothing can weigh from 2lbs to 4 lbs... depending on how many layers... Wearing just under clothing added an additional 2lbs to the scale..

And how often do you weigh in?

I would love to do it every day but that just seems like it would upset me if I do not see a change after all the working out that I did...

Please let me know your feelings and thoughts on this subject..

Thanks
Print

PS still looking for online kinect buddies...

Replies

• j3nn14er
    Options
    I was weighting in every week, but last time I got on the scale it hasn't changed... so I might start doing every two weeks or less or even not at all. I've been doing a lot of strength training so maybe the scale isn't going down because I'm simultaneously gaining muscle. But I wear just shorts and a tee shirt, I don't mind that it might be adding a pound or two--just lets me know I have to work harder. =)
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher - it's the only thing that keeps my eye on the ball. I've tried it other ways.
    I don't get upset when I go up but know it'll average out if I'm being good. :) When I'm losing weight properly I track my losses so I can see the downward trend, and if there is a temp raise in the month it's taken into account but shows how much I lost that month. :)

I weigh on getting up in my pj's so same type of clothes, could be 1lb diff in type of pj's I suppose but nothing to worry over.
  • gone2facebookprint
    gone2facebookprint Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your feedback.. I hope to hear from others on this same matter also... I want to be a daily weigh-er and just wear little clothing or my PJs that seems to be a great idea way to do it..

Another question
    Do you weigh in the morning evening or late afternoon? I tend to like to do mine in the morning since your body is the emptiest..
  • cmduncan
    Options
    I'm a daily weigh-er. I usually weigh in the nude ::gasp:: before or after I shower in the morning. I don't record daily (usually only do that once or twice a week). But, I like to see the effects of the day before.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Daily. Naked. Morning. Wednesday is the day I make it official and log it.

It helps keep me on track, but I know it's not for everyone. This past week I have actually gained a couple pounds, but I'm okay with it. Been doing a lot of strength training and my jeans that are only three weeks old are too big.

I know daily weigh ins drive some people crazy. It depends where you are on your journey. If I were new to this "eating right and exercising thing" I don't think I could handle a daily weigh in.

Good luck!!
  • bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh in naked every morning when I first get out of bed but I only record chances every 2 weeks.
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I weigh in daily. I weigh in the morning after my shower, before putting anything in my system. I am also logging everyday also, which keeps me abreast and accountable for my fluctuations. I know that if I eat heavy in the evening I am going to weigh heavier in the morning. When I hit 120, I might start weighing in once a week.

There are some who weigh themselves everyday, but only "log" their weight periodically.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the nude, before my shower. I do NOT track daily though because I can fluctuate 1-5lbs any given day depending on water/muscles and what I did the day before with workouts. Typically if I know my trainer is going to weigh and measure me I'm very careful about my sodium intake and I'm ensuring that I've eaten as much fiber the day or two before.

I want big numbers when I weigh in.
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh in more than once a week, because my weight fluctuates al the time. Doing it once a week is more likely to show the general weight loss over time, avoiding those daily ups and downs.
    I usually do Monday mornings, about half an hour after I wake up, naked. That's when I weigh the least (I've checked at the end of the day, and have seen a 2lb difference just because of the metabolism fluctuations throughout the day), so I make sure to weigh at the same time each week.
  • gone2facebookprint
    Options
    Thank you all for your feed back... I just need to set up a standard weighing schedule that is all
  • gourmetgal77
    gourmetgal77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As long as I am being good and using my Wii Fit everyday I am a daily weigher as I do a body test each day before my exercises. I am part of a weight loss/get healthy group at me church and we do weekly weigh-ins on Saturday mornings, so that is what I use for my weigh-in report here on MFP. I do not track the daily weigh-ins, but I do agree that it helps me stay on track better.
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When I can I weigh in nude. But I am at the dorm most of the time, so I can't do that (the scale is in a community bathroom). I usually just wear a lighter bathrobe or a big t-shirt at those times.
  • nayrairam
    Options
    In the morning, nude, after I pee, once or twice a week. =P
  • gone2facebookprint
    Options
    In the morning, nude, after I pee, once or twice a week. =P

That is what I should do but daily I think.. sounds like a great plan