Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

losing weight for wedding and keeping it off :) (Newbie)

I just graduated from college this past Decemeber. I put on some weight my senior year and now it is affecting my health. I'm 170 and 5'2 not good. My goal is to be 130 or less. I'm planning a wedding for next year, so I have time to get in shape. I eat pretty good, but do not work out. I just don't know where to begin and how to stay motivated. :)

Replies

• I do not have money for the gym, so I'm stuck working out at home. I need some tips to stay motivated and ideas of where to start.
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    I do not have money for the gym, so I'm stuck working out at home. I need some tips to stay motivated and ideas of where to start.

Walking is a great start!
    Staying motivated is hard you really need a great support system *MFP is perfect for collecting great people to help with that*
  • I thought about walking, but it's even harder since I live in MI and it is so cold during the winter.
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    If you're able to invest in an exercise bike or other piece of home equipment, it will help immensely. Otherwise there are good exercise opportunities for the Wii, xbox, etc. Best of luck to you!
  • lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    If you need help with motivation, feel free to add me. I will do my best!