Do you ever get the feeling that...

Options
certain people TRY to ruin you? Like what I mean is that they are jealous so they tempt you! I think this is going on here! Both my sister and I are trying to loose weight, I am sticking to it as best as I can and am losing weight. I eat my calories and make sure there are no empty ones. I tell her how im doing and she goes off about how much shes gained and complains. Then I ask her if she wants to go for a walk and she complains the whole way, then we go to the store, she buys a BIG bag of chips and eats it as we walk home. Yes I have had days where im like "SCREW IT!!" but she constantly buys oreo cookies and all of this. I said its not good cause she will go over her cals, but she says shes still getting the right amount, but you are not to fill it with junk!! She KNOWS I have a hard time with food... So what does she do as soon as we get home? Whip up some chocolate mousse with oreo cookies... Yes it's nice of her to offer, but it's almost as if she WANTING to make me eat it. This has happened many times! Maybe I am just paranoid!!

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    certain people TRY to ruin you? Like what I mean is that they are jealous so they tempt you! I think this is going on here! Both my sister and I are trying to loose weight, I am sticking to it as best as I can and am losing weight. I eat my calories and make sure there are no empty ones. I tell her how im doing and she goes off about how much shes gained and complains. Then I ask her if she wants to go for a walk and she complains the whole way, then we go to the store, she buys a BIG bag of chips and eats it as we walk home. Yes I have had days where im like "SCREW IT!!" but she constantly buys oreo cookies and all of this. I said its not good cause she will go over her cals, but she says shes still getting the right amount, but you are not to fill it with junk!! She KNOWS I have a hard time with food... So what does she do as soon as we get home? Whip up some chocolate mousse with oreo cookies... Yes it's nice of her to offer, but it's almost as if she WANTING to make me eat it. This has happened many times! Maybe I am just paranoid!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there are people out there who like to sabatoge (sp) others that want to better themselves.

Just look out for you, and maybe help out with others when you can!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    BTW....oreos and chocolate mousse? yikes
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It's called "schadenfreude"...taking pleasures from someone's misfortunes.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    BTW....oreos and chocolate mousse? yikes

I know and i ate it :sad: But thats ok... I didnt quite make all my cals today and ive only went over by about 6!! :grumble:

It's hard not to rake revenge you know.. It's so simple to tear ppl down. But I dont want to do that, and I can relate with the "schadenfreude" it feels good to tear others down, but I dont want to go down that path. I just don't see why ppl cant be supportive. I try my best, we all have our days... It just get annoying after a while and starts to bring you down!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...well, kind of. I have a friend who knows I'm working out and trying to get healthier, and when I tell her I don't want to go out drinking because it ruins everything that I did for the week, she gives me this guilt trip. I know its because she's like 3 years younger than me, so she's still in that stage, but...I'm kind of done with it. Honestly...this sounds bad, but, we aren't as good as friends as we used to be. I get sick of the guilt trip, and she gets sick of me growing up. I guess....we just have to stay strong, realize what is happening, and have confidence in ourselves to know that we can do the right thing.
    Take care girl...I'm sure you'll do fine...You have already!!!
  • lmg95
    lmg95 Posts: 4
    Options
    actually i think it's more along the lines of "misery loves company". She may or may not be doing it consciously but she probably feels better if you're eating junk food with her.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have a friend like that here too.... we are both trying to lose weight and yesterday after she told me she hasnt been tracking what she has been eating for the past few weeks then procedes to tell me i dont carry my weight well.....

sometimes you gotta just let it go ... or grab a 100 calorie snack pack in your case, and perhaps if she sees you doing this maybe youll inspire her to be a better person :smile:
    j~
  • violetvy
    violetvy Posts: 33
    Options
    I totally have a friend like that! She'll always make comments about the foods I eat or don't eat and make me feel weird for not eating enough. I just don't get that feeling that she is being supportive at all. I think others have had that feeling too, so hang in there and try to resist as best you can! I know i can't resist at all if it's in my face...
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I also have had experiences with people like this. I had a friend who badgered me to go to friendly's and then got miffed when I order 1 scoop of sugar free vanilla ice cream and she had this huge sundae...lol I was so proud of myself!
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Yes, thank you all!!

I found that when I ask her to come for a walk she will be fine with it if shes doing better than I am... If it seems to her that maybe im walking faster than her with no prob she just starts to complain about how she hates to walk etc. Then the next day when we go I will be tired and just want to take it easy and she will be jogging circles around me. I don't really care if she does, but it feels like shes doing it to make me feel bad. Sorry for ranting, it's just really getting on my nerves!! Its like I HAVE to do this alone as much as I dont want to!! I don't like being alone.. but more and more it seems all those who were once doing this with me are slowly fading away.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    your not alone!!! you have us:flowerforyou:
    j~
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Thank you very much! :smile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    actually i think it's more along the lines of "misery loves company". She may or may not be doing it consciously but she probably feels better if you're eating junk food with her.

This makes a lot of sense, and I think you may be right! Danke!