Final weigh-in tomorrow

Options
About 6 months ago, work threw down the gauntlet. The challenge was to lose the highest percentage for both men and women and get $2500. This was a great motivator as I was going to start a weigh loss program. Not fitting into clothes and having to go up a size was really disappointing. At that point, I weighed in at a hefty 240lbs and about cried which would have been horrible for a grown man at work. Anyways, this site and the the support of my fiancee has propelled me to 179lbs as of this morning. That's over 61 pounds or 10 per month. I still have 15 to go according to BMI, but I'm very excited about where I am today.

Replies

• Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Good luck in your weigh in tomorrow.
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    What an amazing loss! I hope your dedication and hard work earns you the work prize money. However, even if you don't win the $, you have already won your health back!
  • MrCaleb
    Options
    Congrats.Your story gives me hope. I was at 240 and dropped to 210 before starting this site. I would like to get to 180 or 175. Good luck on the wiegh in.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Be proud of yourself that is a fantastic accomplishment!!!!
  • mrussell1986
    Options
    Nice Job Pal!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats on your loss to date, and good luck at the weigh-in tomorrow!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    wow! Great job!
  • chumeniuk
    chumeniuk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't win it, but came in probably second place. The winner for the men lost 93 lbs or about 28% of his weight. I'm just happy that I was able to take of 60lbs and be able to slowly get back to normal calories. Pretty intimidating to add 500 back into your day. Still leaves another 500 in a few months.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! So happy for you!
  • chumeniuk
    Options
    A little cautionary update.

I have kept the weight off and now around 175lb. Well, about a month and half ago I had a really bad gall bladder attack. This was very surprising since I rarely each red meat or greasy food. After going through the entire process of ultra sound, surgical consultation and so on, I found out that weight loss can actually trigger the formation of gall stones. The surgeon shared that they do weight loss surgeries and it's common to find patients that lose weight rapidly have gall bladder problems. This might be just a fluke but it's something that everyone should be mindful of.

Here is a before and after of my fiance and myself. We both have been losing weight together.

before.jpg

after.jpg
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your recovery!
  • chumeniuk
    Options
    Added a before and after picture.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good job - hope you win!
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    That's so awesome! Congrats!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yes gallbladder troubles extremely common in those who are reducing weight. Trusting you recover well, and congrats on your successful,
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    Wow! Just saw the pics. Obviously your commitment to loose weight was contagious. You both look great!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss success! BOTH of you look fantastic! It's great that you have each other for support. My husband and I have been losing weight together as well and it makes all the difference in the world to have a support system.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!