NEED OPINIONS!

Options
I've been on mfp for about 12 days now. I am exercising whenever I can and I enjoy Zumba fitness. I've been under my calorie goal every day but after reading some posts I feel that maybe I'm not making the right choices! It is tough for me because my fiance is not on any kind of diet and not really interested in eating healthy at all, but I want to lose weight! Look at my diary and give me some opinions! THANKS!

Replies

• xfairyxxlightsx
    Options
    I think you need more fruits in your diet. If you can, try to cook more homemade meals too.
  • amandasue1107
    amandasue1107 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think you need more fruits in your diet. If you can, try to cook more homemade meals too.

Thanks! I need to try some new things to see what I like!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I don't think that ur eating enough most days having over 1000 calories left..aim to have a net of 1200 if u can, more fruits, veggies..less restaurant food :)
  • lwalters5
    lwalters5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Your portion sizes seem pretty good, but I would agree with the fruits. But I also think you should add more vegetables. And try to add some more lean protein to your diet rather than the red meat you have from today.
    That being said, everyone's body is different and you have to find what works for you.
  • amandasue1107
    Options
    Your portion sizes seem pretty good, but I would agree with the fruits. But I also think you should add more vegetables. And try to add some more lean protein to your diet rather than the red meat you have from today.
    That being said, everyone's body is different and you have to find what works for you.

Thanks! I prefer chicken over red meat, it just seemed like that was my option the last couple days!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You for sure need to eat more veggies and try to avoid eating restaurant and boxed foods. Cook fresh foods from home, you will be shocked at how much money you will save!
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like you have good variety and most days your within your limits, but then you have days where you are way off on sodium. I'm new here so I'm not an expert by any means....lol
    Jenny
  • lwalters5
    lwalters5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That definitely happens from time to time. I am a chicken lover myself. I also like turkey (turkey burgers, turkey sausage, turkey meatballs, etc). It seems like there are a few different options that makes it seem like you're getting something different while still making a health-conscious choice.
  • amandasue1107
    Options
    Looks to me like you have good variety and most days your within your limits, but then you have days where you are way off on sodium. I'm new here so I'm not an expert by any means....lol
    Jenny

Thanks! I just started tracking my sodium. I didn't realize how much some of my foods actually had in them!! Thanks!
  • kponish
    Options
    Do you drink any coffee, tea, soda or juices through the day. Even if they don't have any calories, you could mark them. If found that just adding my milk for coffee in adds over 100 calories a day. I agree with the others about the fruits and vegetables. Keep up the good work!
  • amandasue1107
    Options
    Do you drink any coffee, tea, soda or juices through the day. Even if they don't have any calories, you could mark them. If found that just adding my milk for coffee in adds over 100 calories a day. I agree with the others about the fruits and vegetables. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!! I really have only drank water since I started mfp. I enjoy water so I would rather keep my calories for food. Not sure if it is the right thing to do, but that's why I need opinions!