The Scale

Options
When does the obsession to weigh yourself every hour of the day go away? Lol... i was thinking of putting a sticky note saying only on the allotted day but the compulsion to look will still be great.

Replies

• aellyn90
    aellyn90 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It still hasn't gone away for me! I've been doing this for going on three weeks... I still have the urge to weigh myself everyday. The best thing for me was to put the scale away. That way I have to get it out to weigh and that's just a hassle.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Never!
  • Savora
    Savora Posts: 25
    Options
    For me the compulsion to weigh hasn't been as bad since I've gotten to a "comfortable" weight and size, which isn't the best thing because I've slacked off and I'm still 20 lbs away from my goal. I've never weighed more than once a day though, non the less I hate being a slave to the scale.
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Damn lol. I work cleaning homes so the oppurtunity pops up more often then usual lmao
  • amandasue1107
    amandasue1107 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I need to put my scale away because I have not only weighed myself EVERY day, I weigh myself every time I go into the bathroom! Then I get mad when I went up a pound!
  • andreacord
    Options
    Yeah I used to weigh everyday multiple times a day, I'm working towards once a week and then less. It's tough but worth it in the end since I'm one to let fluctuations freak me out.
  • anneouel
    Options
    yeah each time i go into the washroom its like... "hmm did i go up a bit?"

At least I dont get upset when it is up cause I know we fluctuate every few hours
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I weight before bed and first thing in the morning. It's usually a 2 pound difference. I like going to sleep knowing either I'm going to have to kick my butt in a workout and eat super clean the next day or know I'm going to wake up to a great number. The most encouraging measurements for me however are my monthly date with my tape measure. It is way more accurate.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week now. I used to weigh myself like three or four times a day. I found myself getting obsessed with it and restricting my eating if my weight fluctuated throughout my day. My moods were super dependent on the number on the scale and my self-confidence would change with every 0.1 of a pound. So i stopped. I got rid of the scale and didn't stand on one for a few months. Now I weight myself every Wednesday first thing in the morning and that's it! I'm still losing weight and it's taken a LOT of pressure off of me. :)

I also posted this picture on the wall above my scale:

http://pinterest.com/pin/268808671478249630/
  • anneouel
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week now. I used to weigh myself like three or four times a day. I found myself getting obsessed with it and restricting my eating if my weight fluctuated throughout my day. My moods were super dependent on the number on the scale and my self-confidence would change with every 0.1 of a pound. So i stopped. I got rid of the scale and didn't stand on one for a few months. Now I weight myself every Wednesday first thing in the morning and that's it! I'm still losing weight and it's taken a LOT of pressure off of me. :)

I also posted this picture on the wall above my scale:

http://pinterest.com/pin/268808671478249630/

aww thats awesome. :P looked at the pic