Do you have a closet full of "skinny" clothes?

Options
I was doing a little bit of closet cleaning this weekend, and pondering what is ripe to donate. I realize that I pretty much purges all clothing from high school, college and my early 20s at some point.

I was thinking to myself if I will be able to "shop my closet" as I lose. After the inventory I realize I have a couple of things with tags still on them that were super cheap and a tiny bit to small, so I kept them. And 3-4 favorite items from college. One dress I really liked, but I probably won't like when I can fit in it again, and of course a few staples that are still floating around for one reason or another.

There is one item that I hope I can wear come spring. I have a great one should dress that was too annoying to return to the online shop I purchased it from, and was purchased for cheap so the shipping would have been more than the dress.

How about you guys! Do you plan to shop your closet as you shed inches?

Replies

• lwalters5
    lwalters5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That was always my plan. But I put off dieting for so long I ended up getting rid of most of my skinny clothes and really only buying the bare minimum of fat clothes. It works out pretty well for me because as I lose weight I've been able to reward myself with new skinny clothes. However, I think it would be just as rewarding to go back and fit in those clothes that you already know and love.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a closet full of clothes ranging from size a 10 (which I never actually fit into) to a size 1XL (which I thankfully also never fit snuggly). I have a blazer, a few shirts and dresses and a spring coat which I adore, and am hoping to fit into this spring! (hopefully if my ladies fit a smaller cup size, I almost busted off the button last time I tried it on) The rest has just been collecting dust for years and is no longer my "style", so I'll be donating those.
  • anniepoon
    Options
    All I have is skinny clothes and I am huge. My husband got tired of replacing my wardrobe so now I wear stretch pants every day and light jackets on top!!! But this won't work in summer. I am confident that by spring/summer, I will be fitting back into lots of them. My husband and I are going on a cruise and I want him to love me in my swim suit! I am keeping all the small clothes in my closet, because I love them and look forward to wearing them again really soon. I have found a 'diet' that works for me and am seeing the pounds fly off...
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have all my old skinny clothes in garbage bags in the roof, I really need to get them down, cos my current clothes are all getting too big!
  • tagben
    tagben Posts: 72
    Options
    75% of my closest is skinny clothes, if not more!!! And Im hoping that , soon enough, Im donating all my fat clothes bc Im not going to fit in them ever again!
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    I am proud to say I have worked through all my skinny clothes and have had to go out and buy new pants! Went from a 22W to a 14W in the past four months, and I have not been this size for almost 15 years! I conduct almost monthly purges of all the closets in the house because I cannot deal with clutter - so kids clothes, unworn coats, even my husband's stuff gets donated to a local family shelter pretty regularly. My personal rule is - if you're not going to make use of it, give it to someone who will. With one exception though - I am keeping my largest pair of jeans so when I have met my goal I can take a picture of myself wearing them!
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    No. I think I kept one pair of shorts from American Eagle that I loved before I got pregnant. I'm not sure where they are. I got rid of everything else that didn't fit. I needed the space. My style has changed since then anyway. It was all graphic tees from Forever 21 that I'm not really into anymore.