caught in a positive feedback loop!

Options
Hi everyone!
Last summer I became really motivated to lose weight, I lost about 20 lbs and then gave up. Now I am somewhat depressed about everything that is going on in my life and I just can't stop eating. I get sad, i eat, i gain weight, i get sad for gaining weight, i eat more...sigh. Just writing this makes me realized how dumb i sound...but i needed to vent...
:(

Replies

• shanghaiskinny2be
    Options
    Vent away! Often friends do not understand the desire to want to be healthy or to share stories. We are here for you!

If you put your weight back on, it just means working harder to keep things off! It is not about how hard you fall, it is about how you pick yourself up and go.

Every time my mom *****es to me about the 20pounds I gained, I turn to food. When I think about the need to diet, I eat. It just fuels the deep hole I created. Until you do something about it, you will be trapped in despair. The fact that you are on here already, shows that you are willing to take control and the first steps.

You can do it!!!!! :D
  • marsoe
    marsoe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get trapped in a downward spiral.

I think the trick is to declare to yourself that you have gone as far down as you will, and that you start on the upward path immediately.
  • maciandreasen
    Options
    I completely understand! I lost about 15 pounds this summer and everyone told me I looked great. Now I'm back at college just went through the horrible winter months and have put it on plus more and I hate it! And it seems so much harder to get it off again!!
  • LemonDiva
    Options
    There are many of us reading this who could respond 'hmmm been there done that'... and my heart goes out to both of you x x
    Trouble is when you look outside yourself for positive feedback, compliments, praise and affirmation... you don't always get it... even when you deserve it... and that results in disappointment and rebound eating... as you rightly say TRAPPED...

But you are not trapped... you are unbelievable strong... if only you realised it...
    When you allow yourself to believe the put downs you are abusing YOUSELF... please don't...

Don't be seduced by words like cute, slim, irresistible... make a list of real charms like sensible, careful, clever, balanced, determined, organised, I know they sound boring... but stick with these for a while... earn your own praise with sensible goals achieved and the Beauty within will emerge

Imagine when you take control
    How powerful you will become
    How you will be able to rise above what others say or do...
    So when you do receive praise it will be icing on a very healthy cake!!!

Begin to care for yourself
    Nourish and nurture YOU.... for You
    That means not giving yourself all your want but all you need for health and well being

You can I believe in you ....
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply to your post. i cvarefully read each one and I will keep reading them to go up the spiral. Thank you so much