Needing some advice & Urgent help!

Options
Hey,

(I'm just asking a question here. No mean criqute, i know what im doing is wrong and unhealthy but
i suffer anorexia and bulimia, its hard.)

I only eat 250 Cal a day,

Does anyone know how many full length days of food im missing out on?

My friend said for example;
"If your only eating 250, Your probably missing 2 days of food"

Replies

• CateLouise
    CateLouise Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    well you should eat at least 1200 calories a day so your missing out on like 1000 calories a day
    so say in a week you will eat about 1750 calories (would also like to point out that some people get reccomended that amount per day)
    when really in a week the minimum you should be having is about 8400

So if its just purely calorie based, in a week you eat enough calories for 2 out of 7 days

im obviously not going to tell you do eat more as you do have an illness but i urge you to get help if your not already and hopefully you have good support and if not feel free to add me for some =]
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    US:
    National Eating Disorders Association's Information and Referral Helpline: 1-800-931-2237

Australia:
    http://www.thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/
    1800 33 4673
  • RoseyEmm
    RoseyEmm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At your age you about 2000-2200 calories a day, depending on height and weight and exercise.
    Because you are young, without the RDI you will be missing out on the majority of nutrients your body needs to keep it alive. Bone density and organ health will be compromised.
    If you continue to only eat such a small amount of food your body will shut down.

I'm sure you are aware of this stuff already though but I really do hope that you find a way to deal with the anxiety around food.
    The more you continue on with the habits your brain will develop ingrained very difficult to treat issues and you will find it harder and harder to be satisfied with weight loss, body image or anything because it becomes very distorted.
    Please keep safe.
  • effyxfree
    Options
    Thanks guys all your comments are so helpful,

i do understand the health and risk factors of what im doing to myself.

I wanna beat this before it kills me.

No one has really answered my question though.

How many days of food am i missing out on?
  • RoseyEmm
    RoseyEmm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    per day? Could you clarify. If you eat 250 cal a day you are missing out on 7/8 of a days worth of food. I.e if you eat nothing in a day you are missing out on a days worth of food. Is that what you mean?
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    As CateLouise said 'So if its just purely calorie based, in a week you eat enough calories for 2 out of 7 days'

7-2 = 5 days of food you are missing out on.

You cannot function on that little calories hun x

And this is from an ex-anorexic so trust me, I know. I was eating a similar amount when I was 15 but luckily I got a big shock that made me see what I was doing to myself before it was too late.

Go see your doctor and he/she will help you become healthy again x
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sorry your question makes no sense. How many days of food are you missing out?
    like roseyemm said,...if you're only eating 250 calories, then based on a measly 1200 calories per day diet, then you're missing out on about 80% of that day's food. You do this for a whole week, then you're missing out on about 5.5 days worth of food/calories. You do this for a whole year, then it's like you didn't eat for 289 days.

However, ..how does this question help you beat your problem?
  • effyxfree
    Options
    per day? Could you clarify. If you eat 250 cal a day you are missing out on 7/8 of a days worth of food. I.e if you eat nothing in a day you are missing out on a days worth of food. Is that what you mean?

i eat only 250 Cal per day. Nothing over and sometimes under. My weeks worth of food, would pretty much make
    my boyfriends dinner in one night.

I'm interested to know with only eating 250 cals Daily, How many Full days of a normal diet am i missing out on?
  • effyxfree
    Options
    Sorry your question makes no sense. How many days of food are you missing out?
    like roseyemm said,...if you're only eating 250 calories, then based on a measly 1200 calories per day diet, then you're missing out on about 80% of that day's food. You do this for a whole week, then you're missing out on about 5.5 days worth of food/calories. You do this for a whole year, then it's like you didn't eat for 289 days.

However, ..**how does this question help you beat your problem?**

I want to make myself re-gain those days i'm missing out on. =)

Trying to prove to myself what im doing is a big NO.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

i eat only 250 Cal per day. Nothing over and sometimes under. My weeks worth of food, would pretty much make

I'm interested to know with only eating 250 cals Daily, How many Full days of a normal diet am i missing out on?

Full days per what?

per week?, per month?, per year?
  • effyxfree
    Options

Full days per what?

per week?, per month?, per year?

Damn, i suck a explaining things.

Uhh, Okay.

I only eat 250 cal daily, from morning to night.

I'm interested to see how much food im missing out on compared to a normal person who eats regular meals

with an normal Cal intake
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Please get proper medical advice , you are putting your heallth at risk, your chances of ever bieng a mother ! please my heart goes out to you please get proper medical advice and support.

YOU are worth it.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Its already been answered, how many days your missing out on is irrelevant, you need to get some support and help before this kills you. Try first upping your daily calories it doesn't have to be loads but either try doing that gradually or do the best thing which would be go to the doctors, get a proper eating plan sorted to put weight on and take your correct intake in the best possible way.
  • effyxfree
    Options
    Its already been answered, how many days your missing out on is irrelevant, you need to get some support and help before this kills you. Try first upping your daily calories it doesn't have to be loads but either try doing that gradually or do the best thing which would be go to the doctors, get a proper eating plan sorted to put weight on and take your correct intake in the best possible way.

It's a lot harder than just going to a GP to get an eating plan.
  • vonnywaft
    Options
    Why get so hung up on numbers? You know that you are eating far too little to stay healthy and you acknowledge the disorder that you have. So the next steps, if you want to change things, are to get some help from a healthcare professional and to start eating more. For now that might just be one more piece of fruit a day (baby steps), but with the right support you can recover from this and get to a healthy balanced intake. Change is hard, but one of the first steps is to recognise that you need to change, you've reached that point, the next is to start planning how to change things and what help you can get. Then at some point you need to take some action and make those changes. It'll be a long hard process but people do recover. Good luck.
  • Lokah13
    Options
    I think I understand what you're saying....250 calories a day is NOTHING. Most people eat @ least between 300-600 calories a day depending on what you're trying to do with your body. Basically with only 250 calories in one day, in my opionion you are missing out on a complete day's food with only that little amount of calories. If you are trying to make up for lost time you would need to eat more than 1200 calories a day and more than 8400 calories in a week. Hope this helps!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    well you should eat at least 1200 calories a day so your missing out on like 1000 calories a day
    so say in a week you will eat about 1750 calories (would also like to point out that some people get reccomended that amount per day)

So if its just purely calorie based, in a week you eat enough calories for 2 out of 7 days

im obviously not going to tell you do eat more as you do have an illness but i urge you to get help if your not already and hopefully you have good support and if not feel free to add me for some =]
    The answer is here. I think you need to read first. You're eating for 2 out of 7 days, so missing out on guess what? 5 out of 7 per week.
    So you need to eat 5 x 1200 .

Tbh though, your body balance is screwed so you would probably need less food that other people to sustain your vital functions, and I guess you're not a very active person. In other words, you're probably missing on less calories than this since your body is in sleep mode (numbers given here are the minimum for a healthy person).
  • effyxfree
    Options

The answer is here. I think you need to read first. You're eating for 2 out of 7 days, so missing out on guess what? 5 out of 7 per week.
    So you need to eat 5 x 1200 .

Tbh though, your body balance is screwed so you would probably need less food that other people to sustain your vital functions, and I guess you're not a very active person. In other words, you're probably missing on less calories than this since your body is in sleep mode (numbers given here are the minimum for a healthy person).

Not a very active person? How would you get that from me?

I over exercise told by some people, I will exercise 6 hours a day.

But besides that thank you! I have read the answer =)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hello love. I understand why you are focussing on the numbers, eating disorders create obsessions like that.

so, a healthy number of calories a day, for someone not dieting, would be 1800-2000, depending on age and activity level. Lets take 1800, the less scary number.

250 x 7 = 1750 per week - slightly less than one day!

So you are missing out on around 6 days food. Pretty shocking, when you think of it like that!

You do need medical help but until you feel ready to take that step you need to try and build back up slowly, try adding just 50 to 100 calories per day each week. Starting today try and eat 300 per day, next week 350 or 400 etc etc and keep going until you reach at least 1200 per day. you will be amazed at how much stronger you feel.

As soon as you can please speak to friends, family and your Doctor. you are putting your health at risk.

Good luck. x
  • effyxfree
    Options
    Hello love. I understand why you are focussing on the numbers, eating disorders create obsessions like that.

so, a healthy number of calories a day, for someone not dieting, would be 1800-2000, depending on age and activity level. Lets take 1800, the less scary number.

250 x 7 = 1750 per week - slightly less than one day!

So you are missing out on around 6 days food. Pretty shocking, when you think of it like that!

You do need medical help but until you feel ready to take that step you need to try and build back up slowly, try adding just 50 to 100 calories per day each week. Starting today try and eat 300 per day, next week 350 or 400 etc etc and keep going until you reach at least 1200 per day. you will be amazed at how much stronger you feel.

As soon as you can please speak to friends, family and your Doctor. you are putting your health at risk.

Good luck. x

PERFECT ANSWER!!

thank you so much.