NEW TO THIS...

Options
Ok so here's my story..I'm 41 years old and want to lose weight by sumer because I am tired of being chubby!! It is so hard to lose weight when you like to eat which I do!! Just recently had some bloodwork done and my cholesterol was at 207 slightly elevated so for 5 weks I really watched what I ate..read labels and worked out a little bit had my bloodwork done again and it went UP to 217..don't understand and it frustrated me and upset me! My thing is I do not want to be put on cholesterol meds I just got off heart meds 11 months ago after having a cardiac emblasion surgery soI want to lower my cholesterol the right way without meds!! I read it can be hereditary..weight or stress...I got all 3..lol! So any help would be greatly appreciated....My goal is like 20 pounds till summer..I don't even have to lose weight just fit into my old clothes better and lower my cholesterol...Thanks for your time and I hope to meet some new friends on here maybe to keep me motivated because I can slide off the diet wagon...lol!

Replies

• ebaywidow
    Options
    Good Luck...I'm fairly new to MFP too so feel free to add me:)
  • lisafoweather
    lisafoweather Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also new to MFP. I have been overweight most of my life, however I did lose wight 15 years ago, (5 stone) which I kep off for two years, then due to illnes I have put most of it back on again. Over the last few years I have tried all sorts to get this sorted out, and this is something totally new for me and I have to make it work. :smile:
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, I am a busy mom to three and can't believe how painless it has been for me to lose 28 pounds since September. I was also fighting going on cholesterol meds and did get mine down to acceptable levels only with diet and exercise. I am about at my goal weight but plan on staying on here to keep myself in check!
  • SOFTBALLMOM11
    SOFTBALLMOM11 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies...so how do I ADD as you all said..lol? I am new to all this! It looks like an awesome place to come in and make friends while losing weight and getting healthy.. I may need motivaters...lol!