Is anyone else substituting Food for shopping?

Options
I use to get through a bad day by eating crap. Now that I don't eat crap any more I just shop online...as I always feel better with a new pair of boots etc....

I may be losing the pounds, but looks like my bank balance is losing too many pounds too!

Replies

• JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Omg yes. I'm wearing a new sweater right now actually. I love clothes!
  • ValleryK
    Options
    Definitely, 100% YES.
    Though not only new clothes.
    Now I'm also buying things like skating-rink tickets for the day, massage, yoga etc.
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    YES this happened to me when I first lost a lot of weight... I was skinny but my God I was broke!! Except I went to physical stores... I'm sure all that walking around kept me skinny.
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    this actually makes me feel so much better...
    I was doing this so much I ended up getting banned by my bf though lol
  • ReniaL
    ReniaL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Maybe we should call ourselves - skinny but broke, ha ha x
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Ha, yes! Although shopping is A LOT more fun now!! :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do that a bit too. lol
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    Meh, I always had a "retail therapy" problem...at least now, I don't get depressed trying to buy clothes for myself. It's fun now! :laugh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    At least we'll all have really cool stuff to wear when we're thin. :wink:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I use to get through a bad day by eating crap. Now that I don't eat crap any more I just shop online...as I always feel better with a new pair of boots etc....

I may be losing the pounds, but looks like my bank balance is losing too many pounds too!

I was indulging on online shopping for some time...but because I am saving for a wedding I have cut back considerably... Now I am trying to replace both the bad eating and shopping habits with working out and drinking water.
  • poundhound52
    Options
    I've started a lot of home projects. Painting, cleaning, furniture makeovers. I can't wait til' it warms up a little more, gardening and landscaping. Crafting has helped keep my budget sane.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I am bad on the weekends. I go to the mall to walk around and get off the couch/away from snacks when doing homework for endless hours on the weekend. I alwasy end up buying something LOL.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one!

The pretty clothes motivates me a lot though....bit of a never ending cycle!
  • deborawrrx
    Options
    yes but... since you've lost weight you need to buy new clothes that actually fit ;)
    so it all fits together perfectly! :)
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    I also log shopping as walking. I mean, really, it's above and beyond my normal day to day activities, so it counts. :laugh: