For woman only (okay..and men too)

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
But absolutely NO puppy dogs. They are cute but give horrible advice.

My beloved flat iron is starting to die on me. I cannot live without one. I have long, very thick, wavy (actually frizzy but it pains me to say this) hair and I cannot live without a flat iron. The one I had before was a Solia and I loved it but wanted to try another one. I was going to get a Chi..but I actually read some not great reviews.

TL;DR - What is the best flat iron you have ever used?

Replies

• shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Oh I feel your pain. My hair is naturally curly but straightens quite easily. I have a KQC, that is going to die soon but there are soooo many on the market it's hard to choose. Maybe see what your hairdresser recommends.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I had one that you put water in a little insert on it and it used a bit of steam. It sounds like it wouldn't work but my hair held up straight for longer I loved it!
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the CHI. I was able to get my most recent one on overstock (a save the earth print) for 70 bucks and free shipping. My first CHI finally bit the dust after 6 years of hard use! It keeps my wavy (frizzy) hair at bay. I wouldn't get one off Amazon because some people sell fake ones and then of course, you won't get the same quality.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Babyliss Pro
  • wendyd18
    Options
    I love GHD's but not sure if you can get outside the UK. They really are excellent..
    BTW what breed is your cute looking dog?
  • Kay901
    Kay901 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have curly hair and use a Paul Mitchell straightener, and it works amazingly! I've had it for the past 3 or so years and haven't had any problems with it.
  • GHD's 'til I die!! :)

No seriously; I have extremely curly hair and my GHD's are the only straighteners that have managed to get my hair straight and keep it straight as well. I've also found that if I use a good heat protection spray beforehand makes it stays put for longer too... not sure how that works but I'm using V05's heat protection + shine spray at the moment, and it's lush. Leaves my hair so soft and shiny even after blow drying and straightening.

My GHD's are easily 4 years old now and still going strong so definitely worth the initial cost.
  • xo_morgan
    Options
    ive given up on flat irons..:/ my hair refuses to stay straight...give it 20 min & it will be curly again! but my girl lauren has a CHI & she loves it, never really had a problem w it.
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    CHI, hands down. They are about $99 but are forever and are no joke.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    What is a flat iron?
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have curly hair and use a Paul Mitchell straightener, and it works amazingly! I've had it for the past 3 or so years and haven't had any problems with it.
    Yes, I recommend the Paul Mitchell straightener.....:glasses:
    13833350_74.jpg
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Can you get a GHD in America? They are the best.. xx
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I love my Chi. I have thick/coarse hair and it's a curly/wavy/frizzy mess. This is the least damaging straightener I have ever used. It takes less time straighten whereas I would have to go over the same areas over and over again with other straighteners. It lasted for several years. It finally gave out on me but I'm pretty sure me dropping it on a daily basis had something to do with it. I had a Babyliss Pro as a backup and I hate the thing. I would rather throw my hair up than use it. It seems to really dry out my hair and gives my ends a burnt look.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    GHD's 'til I die!! :)

No seriously; I have extremely curly hair and my GHD's are the only straighteners that have managed to get my hair straight and keep it straight as well. I've also found that if I use a good heat protection spray beforehand makes it stays put for longer too... not sure how that works but I'm using V05's heat protection + shine spray at the moment, and it's lush. Leaves my hair so soft and shiny even after blow drying and straightening.

My GHD's are easily 4 years old now and still going strong so definitely worth the initial cost.

SNAP xx
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Vidal Sassoon ceramic. Got it at WalMart I think. $30?? Had it for a couple years now. Gets the job done.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I use a 2 -1/2 iron.. Can't remember the brand, but I got it from Trade Secret. The staff there is pretty helpful.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    GHD's are overrated, inflated prices for a name, you can get cheaper versions that heat to the same temperature in the same time for a fraction or the price. I used to love my Babyliss Pro's when I had long hair :smile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    What is a flat iron?

Glad I'm not alone wondering this.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Chi.

I've also heard the Sebu is great!

http://www.folica.com/shop-by/top-10/flat-irons
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    What is a flat iron?

Glad I'm not alone wondering this.

It's a hair styling device that straightens and smooths hair, rather than curls it. Think of a set of flat, heavy tongs that heat up when you plug it in. :flowerforyou: