Was lurking till now!

Options
I have been using mfp for a few weeks and have been reading messages, but it is time to post!

Hi everybody! I decided to start losing weight because I weighed in at 208 pounds just after Christmas. I don't think I look terrible at that weight, but I do want to reverse the weight gain trend so I do not get sick as I get older.

I started to reduce my calories on January 9th, and have the support of two of my coworkers. We keep a scale in the office at the restaurant we work at, so we can see each other's success! I do not like to say I am on a diet because with mfp, I feel like I can make smart choices about eating just by checking the app on my phone. If I want to eat chocolate covered strawberries, that's fine, but if I hit my calorie limit, i have to be done eating for the day.

I was lucky to lose 19 lbs so far. It seems like a lot to me, but I do feel healthier. The thing I appreciate the most about thw weight loss is that once I started being choosier about what I ate, things started tasting better to me. It is like I cleansed my palate! Mushrooms, broccoli, squash - they all aren't disgusting to me anymore!

Replies

• cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow! 19 pounds! That's awesome. :smile:
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your 19 lbs!! That's fantastic!!
  • terrig0585
    Options
    Your doing great. Welcome!
  • mastock64
    Options
    Incredible! Keep up the great work, and don't let the occasional discouragement derail you. We women have natural monthly fluctuations, and I know that, for me, there is about a week and half each month where I seem to lose nothing and sometimes even gain a bit, but it all reverses once the period starts. The first month it happened, I almost quit, but I'm glad I didn't. Best of luck to you, and I can't wait to hear more of your success story!

Melisa
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Great start! ! Congratulations! !!! I am sure working @ a restaurant does not make it easy.
  • MRSRRR08
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss !! I am new just as of a hour ago.
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I work at a wonderful fast casual restaurant that makes great burgers and fries! I haven't stopped eating there because I love it, but I have modified what I eat to fit into my calorie allowance.

My weight fluctuates during the month too, but we women have to focus on the downward trend rather than the day to day scale because periods happen!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the other new people too!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Luck has nothing to do with it. You worked for it. Congrats!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    19lbs, great work! Keep at it