Fit Bit

Options
I really want to purchase a fit bit, but i havent heard much about them...

anyone use them?

...i wish i had a fit bit tree in my back yard so i wouldnt have to shell out 100$ for one...

Replies

• SharClark40
    Options
    I have a fit bit! I've been using it for a week, but I like it! It makes you a little more aware of your activity. I don't know everything it does yet, but so far I like it. You start and stop the timer when you're doing a workout and then it syncs up with MFP and you log your time and what you were doing. It tracks your allowance of calories for the steps you've taken all day. You wear it at night and it will show you how often you're "awake" - moving around - and what your actual sleep time is. Like I said, I'm new with it, but so far I like it. I hope that helps a little!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've not come across these before but from looking on amazon (UK) they get very good reviews.

I presume that these are the devices strapped to the arms of The Biggest Loser contestants?

Now you've made me look, I want one too!!! :ohwell:
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    yeah i would love one just to expensive ...
  • hannata86
    Options
    does it track your heart rate?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't track your heart rate.

I've had one for over a year and LOVE it especially now that I've actually started paying attention to the numbers it gives me. :smile:

It's basically a glorified pedometer that counts your calories as well. From what I understand, it uses the same technology as a nintendo wii (an altimeter?).

Plus it helps that you can sync the fitbit to mfp now so only have to track your food calories in one place.

I think it's well worth the $100.