Need help with my scale!! please!!

Options
Hi!
I have two scales in my home, one is digital (50$) and the other is a analog scale brand Seca (100$)..... in the digital my weight is 172 and in the other one my scale is 169...how I know which one is my correct weight ? which is better? I really appreciate your help! Nice day :)

Replies

• SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Do you have hand weights? If so, you could put a 5lb weight, for example, on each of the scales and see which scales are correct. :)
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    it doesn't really matter - just use the same scale each weigh in :)
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Agree with the other poster - pick one. The one to pick is the one that seems to have the least amount of variance on a test to test basis. In other words step on each one about 5 times and see which one seems to have the least amount of overall variance - then use that one.

The finicky part about the manual dial versions is that you can stand on them lean around a bit and see it move the dial. Too, if you place where you keep the scale stored has a lot of temperature swing between cooler and warmer, it can affect the quality of the read out you get. Either way you go try to weigh yourself the same time of day (am - after your morning biological business??) and wearing the same as the previous day in clothes. You can measure real progress from that.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Another vote for " Choose one and stick with it! "
  • bonimag
    Options
    thanks people... !