Who have you invited to MFP?

Options
I love this site... it's been really good for me. As a result I want to share it with my best friends.

I got my buddies TLCLuvNLife and KathieSwenson to join because I want them to live forever as my friends.

Who have you convinced to join MFP and why?

Replies

• Brendanery1967
    Brendanery1967 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My sister told me. I told my daughter in law Jessi how great it was
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I found it by googling, I have passed it on to many and have seen about 5 of them join :)
  • csegear71
    Options
    Yes, our office is doing the biggest loser and most of our office is now using this site!
  • nallbaby10
    Options
    my husband and roomate
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I got my mom to join and even got her a few friends and now she never logs on and it drives me crazy! I've invited a few other people who haven't done it. At this point, I'm fine with it. I don't want any more of my slacker friends on here making me look bad lol
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    haha- there's a girl on my facebook who won't stop complaining about her eating habits and whatnot... Keeps saying she's starting/wanting to get on a diet... then goes back to complaining about her eating. Well I told her to come check out this site, but I just don't think she's serious. lol
    But man do I love MFP!!
  • alpha1029
    Options
    I convinced my husband to join to track what he eats for at least a week. He was shocked after the first day to see how unhealthy his eating habits really were. Now he logs every day and has even started doing yoga and going for long walks with me. I've also referred my mom and sister, but they are complete slackers.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    The manager at a local restaurant heard me and my friends talking about being on a diet, and he asked us how it was going. I pulled out my phone and showed him the app and told him I'd lost 7 lbs in two weeks, and he ran off to get a pen to write it down. 4 other ladies at work signed up as well when they started noticing me slimming up a bit. They had seen me try many things (even a 10 week extreme challenge that cost $400) and not have that much success, so they were impressed. They LOVE it.
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Better question for me, who have I not invited to join MFP? I absolutely freaking love this place. :heart:
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I got my mom to join and even got her a few friends and now she never logs on and it drives me crazy! I've invited a few other people who haven't done it. At this point, I'm fine with it. I don't want any more of my slacker friends on here making me look bad lol

Hahah!
  • KickassAugust
    Options
    I convinced my husband to join to track what he eats for at least a week. He was shocked after the first day to see how unhealthy his eating habits really were. Now he logs every day and has even started doing yoga and going for long walks with me. I've also referred my mom and sister, but they are complete slackers.

It's difficult when the people you recruit are slackers... So far my two are going strong!
  • Whitetail24
    Whitetail24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I found his site by searching apps on my phone then got the wife to sign on with me.

3143874.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is interested in their weight loss journey!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have had 5 people that I know of, join. : :bigsmile:
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My mom, my sister, 2 sister-in-laws, my hubby, my younger bro, one of my best friends (another one of my besties is who invited ME!), and I've told a couple co-workers about it, but haven't seen them pop up yet. Also, my mom being on this site has gotten my dad watching what he eats and working out (he doesn't use the site tho) and they're both doing great! MFP has helped my whole family!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I found this on google. LIFESAVER. I have invited my mother-in-law: teacher34 because she saw the weight I have lost.
    My Sister, my bff, and my sister-in-law. The only one that is staying on here is my mother-in-law and that's fine with me.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I found it by searching for a calorie app on my phone one day. I've gotten my sister, cousin, aunt, and another cousin on here, but NONE of them have followed through. My sister does okay. But for the most part, they never log on.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I found this app in the app store in my phone, told everyone, but only 2 of my friends logged on, one uses it off and on the well.....seems everyone is interested but no one wants to use it.
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I found this when I was searching the app marketplace on my phone!
    I've invited my parents, my aunt, and a few friends. :)
    Most of my friends were interested, but weren't quite ready for the commitment...
    LOVE mfp!
  • KickassAugust
    Options
    How do we get more people to commit?