nsv? hip bones! should I be done?

Options
This morning I was lying on my back and noticed that I could feel my hip bones protruding! Woa! I have four pounds to go from my goal of 129, but I'm considering stopping. I'm not totally pleased with the amount of belly fat still, but my boyfriend thinks I'm getting skinny (he prefers more padding).
But! I went shopping today and got some great new clothes. A size 6 dress! (Okay it's a little tight around the butt).
I think if I stop now, I will feel that I'm quitting. I'm really proud with my progress, look great, but don't want that sense of failure. First time I've started a post, and I feel like a schmuck because I have done hardly anything (14lbs) compared to all of you superheroes out there!
Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just saw your pics - you have done an amazing job, and yes, you are finished! Now it's all about maintenance, but you definietly don't need to lose any more weight. Congratulations on your inspiring result :smile:
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with what you see in the mirror, then it is enough! Nevermind what others (even your partner) says! 14 pounds are also a conquest to make! then again take into account that when lying down most people that dont have very large amounts of fat can see them. Just think about how YOU feel healthy. You look awesome, by the way!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Only you can decide when you are at a happy point to maintain your weight. :smile: And you could maintain for a month or so and reevaluate? You look fantastic btw!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Going on maintenance doesn't mean you're "quitting" or "done." Your body may continue to change... you might even see more progress if you continue your exercise routine with more calories.

My advice... take pictures and forget the scale. It might go up a little. It might go down. But photos and how your clothing fits are a much better way to measure progress at this stage of the game.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing. I am about your age, and I was so skinny until 23 and now I'm chubby. need to lose it, and make that permanent change. congrats!!
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look great, but that decision needs to be up to you. And my hip bones stick out when I am laying down, so I don't know if that is a good marker, as I still have 30lbs to go...
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're hip bones sticking out necessarily means much, mine stick out and I'm still technically overweight, it just depends on how you are built. I'd say there are three questions to ask yourself. (1) Are you at a generally healthy weight? (2) Would losing more weight put you at an unhealthy weight or require drastic measures (e.g. starving yourself)? (3) Are you happy? Question 3 is the only one that matters, as long as you are healthy.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Don't let an arbitrary number you picked when you didn't know what you were going to look or feel like be the boss of you! If you feel like you look good and you're done, be done! You can always lose more later if you want to. Plus, maintenance is an active process - it's possible you'll keep losing for a little while. Do what makes you happy. And congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • If you don't want to lose more weight, but want to work on the midsection - hit the weights! Core work, leg work, upperbody - all forms of lifting engage your core in some way. Burn the fat by building muscle! xx
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Your post confused me. How could "proud of myself" and "think I look great" = "failure"?
  • jessielil
    jessielil Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so very much!! I really appreciate your support. I read the boards all the time, so I shouldn't have expected any less, but I am grateful!
  • jessielil
    jessielil Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to lose more weight, but want to work on the midsection - hit the weights! Core work, leg work, upperbody - all forms of lifting engage your core in some way. Burn the fat by building muscle! xx

Thanks! Great idea. I wasn't sure how this works. Do you need to eat more calories to gain muscle?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Agree about the weights. Also try intervals. And trash your scale. Focus on gaining strength and muscle. You'll look better and the scale may change or may not. Or may even increase as you fit into smaller clothing. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!