New KRAVE cereal, from Special K. Anyone tried it?

Options
ErinBeth7
ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
I bought the Krave cereal this weekend and it's not bad! Although, the calories are a little higher than Honey Nut Cheerios. It didn't taste as good as I was hoping. I have the Double Chocolate and am thinking it's a bit of an overload. Next time I get groceries I will try the other flavor. I don't usually eat Special K. I don't think it is a good agent for weight loss unless you combine it with all the other Special K diet foods. Plus, the box is tiny! Dang diet foods. They want us to spend so much money to eat well, it seems! That is if this cereal is considered that healthy. It does contain quite a good amount of sugar. I had 1 serving this morning (dry) and a banana and I've already reached my sugar limit for the day. Whoooops!

What do y'all think of this cereal? Have you had it?

Replies

• 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I like to mix the higher calorie (cereals I really like such as Honey Nut Cheerios or Krave) with Kashi Go Lean. Go Lean has a decent amount of fiber and a little protein which makes a bowl of cereal more filling.
  • LBachynsky
    Options
    You're probably getting most of that sugar from the banana and the milk in your cereal. I stopped eating cereal because of all the sugar in milk.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've seen this ... but I didn't really look at it. Does it have decent protein numbers like ORIGINAL Special K? ALL the "other" Special K's seem to pale in comparison so I kinda assumed this would be lower protein too.

Never thought of mixing Go Lean .... love that stuff.
  • sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I tried it, I'll eat 1/2 cup for a snack... They're pretty good!
  • ErinBeth7
    Options
    You're probably getting most of that sugar from the banana and the milk in your cereal. I stopped eating cereal because of all the sugar in milk.

I didn't have any milk with it this morning because I was in a hurry out the door. One serving (3/4 c) has 14g of sugar and the banana had 10g. There goes my daily allotment! But yes, I do agree that fruit has quite a bit of sugar.
  • ErinBeth7
    Options
    I've seen this ... but I didn't really look at it. Does it have decent protein numbers like ORIGINAL Special K? ALL the "other" Special K's seem to pale in comparison so I kinda assumed this would be lower protein too.

It has 2g of protein per serving. Not sure how that compares to Original.
  • rdpitts
    rdpitts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try the Special K Protein cereal, add 1/2 cup blueberries, strawberries, or 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup skim milk. It's under 200 calories and lots of protein.
  • SanootRanjit
    Options
    I think that the krave cereal special k edition is better with curry powder.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I love it! My kids love it!

*disclaimer - I love cereal, in general. And I don't watch my sugar because I don't have diabetes, and I'm not genetically pre-disposed to it.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I tried it, I'll eat 1/2 cup for a snack... They're pretty good!

That is what I do as well, I like them. And the commercials make me smile.
  • SanootRanjit
    Options
    But did you try it with the curry powder edition?:love:
  • SanootRanjit
    Options
    But did you try it with the curry powder edition?
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That's candy cereal! It's tasty, I'll give you that much and the kids love it. However....

Not woth the extra calories IMO. Go for something old school, like Uncle Sam, Wheatabix, Shredded Wheat, Oatmeal, etc. I look for cereals with little to no sugar, as I like to control my empty calories. Also, I like high fiber as it keeps me feeling full longer.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Ive had it but i dont like it. I do LOVE Special K with the yogurt bits in it. YUM! Ive been doubling my serving because its so good. (drool)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Cereal is not a good protein source at all. It's a source for carbs/fiber/vitamins.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    oh its nasty!! my cereal hungry daughter wont even eat it. soooo gross