Bring me your one-person slow-cooker recipes!

Options
So, I recently invested in a slow cooker, but all the recipes I see make at least 6 servings - sometimes up to 12! Having only 1.5 litres in my small one, and there only being one of me, this is very inconvenient ...

So, do you have any one-person slow cooker recipes? I am vegan, but it doesn't matter if your recipes aren't - that's what Quorn was invented for ;)

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Some sites will let you input the number of servings on a recipe, like this one... I Know it's not vegan I use soy crumbles from the grocery store instead of ground beef, Maybe you could chopped up various veggies instead

STUFFED BELL PEPPERS

1 green peppers
    ¼ lb extra lean ground beef , I prefer 90% lean
    1⁄8; cup long grain white rice , raw
    ¼ onion , chopped
    1⁄3; garlic cloves , minced
    1 (2 1⁄3; ounce) can original stewed tomatoes , chopped
    1 (1 ¾ ounce) can tomato soup
    1⁄8;-1⁄8; cup chili sauce
    1⁄8;-¼ teaspoon salt
    1⁄8; teaspoon fresh black pepper
    Directions:
    1Wash peppers, cut tops off and remove core. Drain and chop stewed tomatoes, reserving liquid.2In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, rice, onion, garlic, 1/2 of the chopped stewed drained tomatoes, salt and pepper.3Stuff peppers with this mixture and sit in the crockpot standing up. Trim bottoms of any especially wonky peppers though they should stand and up packed nicely.4Combine tomato soup, chili sauce, the rest of the chopped tomatoes and reserved stewed tomato liquid. Check the consistency as you may not need all of the reserved tomato liquid.5Pour sauce over peppers.6Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender. This can take less or more time as crockpots differ wildly.
  • samirasdiary
    Options
    Some sites will let you input the number of servings on a recipe, like this one... I Know it's not vegan I use soy crumbles from the grocery store instead of ground beef, Maybe you could chopped up various veggies instead

STUFFED BELL PEPPERS

1 green peppers
    ¼ lb extra lean ground beef , I prefer 90% lean
    1⁄8; cup long grain white rice , raw
    ¼ onion , chopped
    1⁄3; garlic cloves , minced
    1 (2 1⁄3; ounce) can original stewed tomatoes , chopped
    1 (1 ¾ ounce) can tomato soup
    1⁄8;-1⁄8; cup chili sauce
    1⁄8;-¼ teaspoon salt
    1⁄8; teaspoon fresh black pepper
    Directions:
    1Wash peppers, cut tops off and remove core. Drain and chop stewed tomatoes, reserving liquid.2In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, rice, onion, garlic, 1/2 of the chopped stewed drained tomatoes, salt and pepper.3Stuff peppers with this mixture and sit in the crockpot standing up. Trim bottoms of any especially wonky peppers though they should stand and up packed nicely.4Combine tomato soup, chili sauce, the rest of the chopped tomatoes and reserved stewed tomato liquid. Check the consistency as you may not need all of the reserved tomato liquid.5Pour sauce over peppers.6Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender. This can take less or more time as crockpots differ wildly.

Yummmm! I'll try this tomorrow!
  • CVAB
    CVAB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    Yes please :)
  • emmasmum07
    emmasmum07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    Extra servings means freezing some and. It having to cook on other days!!
    :tongue:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Take the normal size recipes and just half all of the ingredients.