Recipes for STRICT diets! I need inspiration!

Options
Our kitchen has been...very tough.

My fiance is allergic to lettuce and yeast...(we found this out about 6 months ago)

So that takes A LOT of foods out of our reach...

I've been steaming a lot of veggies (broccoli/carrots/etc) and making a lot of fish and chicken (george forman grilled!)

But one of the things I really enjoy is cooking, but with his new found allergies and our new diet...I've been in a bit of a slump.

So, suggestions?

Replies

• spinachdiva
    Options
    Whoa, yeast and lettuce? That's crazy! But I think there are many, many options for you still out there.

I doubt very many soups or chili recipes require either of those things. What about stir-fry or curry with rice? Pasta casseroles and dishes? If he's allergic to gluten, that's a whole different story...but I think you may have many more options than you think.
  • jessdb19
    Options
    Yeah...

We spent years at the allergists/doctors trying to figure out what was wrong...

Finally, it's been narrowed down to yeast/lettuce. (Which, is A LOT of herbs/and a LOT of foods...bacons/alcohols/breads/some cheeses...etc.)

We stir fry a lot and george forman it up quite a bit.

I've also come to love the steamer (bottom is for rice, which we've been cutting back on, trying to boost up our intake of vegetables instead).

Like last night I made whole wheat penne pasta, stir fried up shrimp with some diced tomatoes and tomato juice and mushrooms...(no sauce).

But yeah....I'm using a lot of the same tricks/recipes now day after day...don't like being a one trick pony.