suggestions welcome from all the women

Options
this is completely off topic of eating, but love that diversity of topics on this site!

I was wondering if any of you women out there can recommend a facial claenser and moisturizer? I have dry skin and have been using Clinque for a couple of years, but have been less than satisfied lately. I have gooten good suggestions for other product usage form this forum, so thought I'd put this out there...

Replies

• snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    this is completely off topic of eating, but love that diversity of topics on this site!

I was wondering if any of you women out there can recommend a facial claenser and moisturizer? I have dry skin and have been using Clinque for a couple of years, but have been less than satisfied lately. I have gooten good suggestions for other product usage form this forum, so thought I'd put this out there...
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I don't use soap on my face, but I do use Biore pore minimizing lightweight moisturizer. It's a bit pricey, but it works great and doesn't leave your face greasy at all. I think it was like 12 bucks, but I bought it over a month ago and there is still more than half the bottle left.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Arbonne. I used to sell it. It is wonderful and it works great. Go to Arbonne.com or check around your town for a rep. Get some free samples and try it for 7 days.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Arbonne is a very high quality skin care company. I have extremely sensitive skin Most cleansers and lotions make me break out. (clinique, among other brands makes me break out) I use the arbonne moisturizing sunscreen, hand cream, nightcream (awesome on the skin around my eyes even though it's not specifically the "eye cream"), and some makeup products as well. However, arbonne is not sold in stores. I think you can shop online at Arbonne.com. The products are expensive, but the ingredient quality is high. And they have a great return policy.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

I love that diversity too!
    I know this sounds weird but I hate spending a fortune on good cleansers and moisturizers from lessons learned. I, myself, am at that strange age where I'm still worrying about zits and beginning to worry about wrinkles. I use Johnson's baby wash on my face and Curel lotion for face and body moisturizing. Both are extremely gentle on skin, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. I use RoC deep wrinkle night cream at night (only under eyes) and Garnier Utralift under my eyes during the day. I've been quite happy with all of them. BUT...still..your skin might have different needs than mine.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i'm cheap too... and broke! i use the white fragrance free dove soap. sometimes, i'll use a dove moisturizer or generic astringent. i used to be addicted to clinique, then origins. but frankly, i think my skin does best with just dove, once a day in the evening.:flowerforyou:
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend Estee Lauder day wear plus! It's wonderful! You pay about $40 for it, but only have to use a tiny dab so it lasts forever and it's totally worth it!
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    i'm cheap and whatever i'm using must be working for me, so i'll stay with it. first of all, i don't wear makeup unless absolutely necessary. having that crap on my face causes it to break out. second, i use noxema to cleanse, i use the noxema citrus scrubby stuff to exfoliate and then i just use johnson and johnson's 24 hour moisturizing lotion to moisturize my skin. I used to suffer from dry skin until i made the switch to the J&J lotion. when i do wear makeup, it's usually just a swipe of mascara and a dab of foundation, mixed with a dab of lotion (think tinted moisturizer) for concealer.
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    I have oily skin, but am allergic to almost every skincare product. Shiseido products work very well for me, and they have different lines for oily vs. whitening vs. wrinkle, etc.
  • Russh
    Russh Posts: 4
    Options
    Dove it is great for sensitive dry skin.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've been using Johnson's Baby Shampoo since my daughter was born... she's 10. It's gentle and if it gets in my eyes, it doesn't burn!
    For a daily moisturizer, I use Cetaphyl w/ SPF 15. It's about $10.

But I'm pretty lucky. I can use just about anything.

Angela :flowerforyou:
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use Aveeno Clear Complexion SPF 15. $14.00 but it lasts along time. I like it cuz it helps with blemishes and doesnt get oily. I also like Proactive Repairing Moisturizure. Sometimes I mix the two together.

:heart: Krystal
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Dove it is great for sensitive dry skin.

I asked the same question to my dermatologist last month and he suggested using Dove® Deep Moisture Beauty Body Wash. He said, "as a dermatologist I'm asked all the time 'what do you use to wash your face' and I use a small dab of Dove body wash." He says it's sensitive enough for our skins.

I've been using Dove on my face now for a month and I've had minimum breakouts and it's treating me great. I have dry skin that's boarder line dermatitis and I've been dermatitis free on my face for a while now.
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    Clean and Clear "Morning Burst" facewash and Loreal "Happy Derm" moisturiser.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I have used since I was 15, AVON......
    I don't have one wrinkle nad very few breakouts...

www.avon.com

true-pore-perfection, products
    ANew Products
    Hydro Firm

I use them daily and I love them...

No harsh chemicals or parfumes...

http://shop.avon.com/shop/search.asp?find_spec=skin+care&department=search
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I just started using the new Garnier Nutritioniste moisturizer. It is REALLY nice. My skin feels SO soft after.

I also use a cleanser that exfoliates too. Lately is has been the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Visibly Even with the Essential Soy. Really gentle but effective.
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have dry skin as well. My dermatologist suggested using Cetaphil for my cleanser. It can be found at any drugstore.

My moisturizer is Oil of Olay Oil Free with SPF. Even though I have dry skin, I am prone to breakouts so I can't use anything with oil.