exercise before or after breakfast

Options
I am just wondering if there is a best time to work out and is there a time you shouldn't?

Replies

• CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I prefer before breakfast.
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I prefer before, but it's whatever works for you.
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I prefer before breakfast, I hate working out on a full stomach. Which ever you prefer.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    In the summer, before breakfast before it gets tooo hot outside.
    In the winter, after breakfast.... once the sun is up and it's a bit warmer outside.
  • SerenityKorin
    SerenityKorin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this same thing. I like to get up and go for a run right when I wake up, and I've always wondered if I should eat first. But I can't stand the feeling of working out on a full stomach, so I never do.
  • mammacoty
    mammacoty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz says before breakfast, first thing when you wake up is best. His explanation is that your body will burn stored fat for energy, rather than using the food you just ate.
  • EMus29
    Options
    I like working out on an empty stomach, so before breakfast works for me. I like to push myself hard when I workout, I've tried eating before I workout and I just feel sick. I've read you can start burning fat sooner than if you eat before a workout. I think it probly depends on how long you plan on working out for too. Longer than 75 minutes I would probly have a piece of fruit or a handful of raisins for the added energy. But I'd keep it light.
  • gregersons
    gregersons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree with others here, before is what I do. Full stomach = BAD. But if you are going to be doing over an hour it might be good to have a small snack before.