I need some help and could do with mfp buddy

I have been trying to lose weight now for the past 2 weeks I have lost 1lb but I do try and keep under 1200 cals I dont know if I am doing the right thiing but I am also worried that if I eat more the weight will pile on as I have tried eating more. my weight is differant every day sometimes its more sometimes it is less than the 1 lb Ive lost I am so frustrated . I also do a dvd exersise for 60mins 3/4 times a week.Any suggestions or help please

Replies

• Hi Sandra, it takes time and with exercise you are building muscles. The most important part of losing weight is nutrition and keeping your metabolism going. I am no expert and am struggling like you, but in one week I have lost 2 pounds with light exercise and just better food choices.
  • sandracreynolds
    sandracreynolds Posts: 30 Member
    Thankyou for your support perhaps we could keep in touch and help each other ?:laugh: . Im just going to do a bit of dvd workout I will just keep plodding on and hope for the best
  • tallnsexy
    tallnsexy Posts: 22 Member
    As a registered nurse I know that the best time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning(preferablly after you pee,LOL). This is called your dry weight and is most accurate. You should also only weigh yourself once a week. For me I've been at this a month and I've been losing 0.4-0.8 lbs a week. 1 pound a week is healthy. The thing that has helped me is i do short 30-45 intense exercise 5 days a week. My choice is the treadmill. some mornings I mix up running and brisk walking. Others is a long jog or walking on an extreme incline (backwards and forwards). This is the most success I've ever had, it's slow weight loss but it's progressive . good luck and don't give up