Reconsidering breakfast

Options
Hey all,
I'm a college student, and my standard breakfast for the past 6 months has been a small bowl of nonfat yogurt and organic granola. Since I am working out in the mornings more often, would it be a better idea to switch to eating eggs to get more protein first thing?

Replies

• Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    non-fat GREEK yogurt! loads of protein!
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I eat a hardboiled egg, a string cheese stick, and two or three strips of turkey bacon for breakfast Monday through Friday.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Total daily nutrition is what matters, eat whatever you want in the morning.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    If it's working for you why fix it.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    An endless debate....

I eat nothing until after my workout. Just can't stomach food that early in the morning. After I workout, I have the champion's breakfast of bagel, peanut butter and a large coffee.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I eat a hardboiled egg, a string cheese stick, and two or three strips of turkey bacon for breakfast Monday through Friday.
    That sounds delicious & filling!!

I found those Smart Ones English Muffin Sandwiches in the freezer section. They are REALLY good and have meat, cheese and egg. 210 in cals & 510 in sodium. YUM!
  • GA_Gyrl
    GA_Gyrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would get as much protein in as you possibly can! My trainer told me to do a gram of protein per pound of weight! 120lbs= 120 grams of protein! Protein feeds muscles and starves fat! So your body will build more muscle!
  • taknangl
    Options
    Wish I could help with this. I personally don't/can't eat breakfast. I have to be up for a minimum of 3 hours before i eat... if i try earlier it makes me gag if i put food in my mouth. Good luck. They do say if you eat a lot of your calories in the morning you wont eat as many in the evening and that will help with the weight loss so maybe just adding more to your meal besides the yogurt and granola
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you are getting hungrier earlier I would say add some protein but that could be easy as adding protein powder to your yogurt. I eat mine with almond butter - soooo delish!
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I absolutely, 100% swear by egg breakfasts. I eat two eggs and three strips of bacon nearly every morning, and 99% of the time, I'm easily full until lunchtime. No weird 10 a.m. cravings or anything.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't even eat my "breakfast" until after noon. I haven't eaten yet today, and it's 1:20, I'm simply not hungry, however, once I DO eat breakfast, I really don't stop eating until I go to bed. Lol. I usually have breakfast at noon, Snack at 1, lunch at about 2, sometimes another snack, and dinner at 5, then snack until I go to bed.