New--Looking for moral support!

Options
Hi!! I'm brand new to MFP... I thought I could do this all by myself but obviously not! The more I read, the more I hear about how much encouragement from a group can help. I'm looking to lose ~20 pounds. I love to exercise, I just need a little help in the food department. It's hard resisting all the cupcakes and junk people bring to the office, the ubiquitous rolls and butter and cheesecake served at the luncheons I go to, stuff like that. Oh, and Indian food, which is got me into this situation in the first place! :love: Sooo, anybody with iron will out there willing to help keep me on track? Please?:smile:

Replies

• amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. im kinda new to all this, had it about a week and a half so!
  • jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome! I go through phases of iron will and then something a litte (lot) less than iron. But, what matters is that I can always get back on track. Add me if you would like. And, good luck!
  • tjordan74
    tjordan74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I dont' know if I have iron will but i would be willing to team up with you I to need all the help I can get. A lot of my co workers are on here too and we are having a biggest loser contest. I am in last place so far but it really helps. Request me as a friend and we can watch each other I am tjordan74
  • amyfrey2011
    Options
    Feel free to add me also!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • kkay1455
    Options
    I just joined moments ago with a goal of losing 35 to 40 pounds. Like others I was going to take this challenge alone, but need help in being accountable and honest. Plus great cooking ideas are a plus. I am so excited.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you can add me if you like for support!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a work in progress and working on my last 20 lbs!!!
  • zambodiare
    Options
    You can add me! I have only been using the site for a little over two weeks. I've always had issues with my weight, but I am doing everything I can to stay on track. So far, so good!
  • gofaulk28
    gofaulk28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome, I am new myself and also looking to lose 20 lbs. I jog 30 minutes a day and love to walk and bike ride. I also have a hard time resisting the snacks, my weaknesses are of course the sweets, but mainly the carbs. Good Luck to you, we can do this!!!
  • ronnikins
    ronnikins Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I have been pretty consistant w/my workouts too, when I'm not sick.

Logging your foods really does seem to help, I have been losing weight! Yeah!
    I'm still trying to understand the amount of needed protein for each day that I need, however, I try to keep my intake totals around 1200, even if I earned more.

Please feel free to add me!
    I find it helpful to have an "open Diary", that way other friends can see what you're eating and how your exercising to leave helpful advice and KUDOS!

Good Luck to you! : )
  • Loskene
    Loskene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Add me! Add me! I promise to support you on your weightloss journey. We are all in this thing together.
    So far in 2012 I've resisted all office snacks placed before me. I'll tell you how... Be my friend.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can add me and blessings on this journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Leoncosby
    Options
    Hey the truth is you have to decide which do you want more the tasty food or the better health. Until you make your mind up you will constantly be in the same place. I know this from personal experience. What I did was keep this question in my mind when temped to eat what I shouldn't: Do I want this food more than I want a better figure? The answer was easy, once I kept the goal of losing fat as my main priority i began to make better food choices. I wish you the best and hope what I had to share will be helpful. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • BingeNinjaNate
    BingeNinjaNate Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi

Anyone feel free to add me if they are looking for a fitness buddy. I'm quite new to this site, but have already noticed a difference.

Thanks and good luck with your weight-loss journey.
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • lrgammage
    lrgammage Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been a member on MFP for awhile......but had fallen off the bus! I'm back on now and need encouragement myself to persevere. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • MustangMac
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • CSummers316
    Options
    Hey there! If there is one thing I have learned, it is that in order to make a change, you have to push yourself and you need a good support system. I am thinking that this place is a good support system with lots of friendly types. Just keep at it once you commit and your goals will be met in no time.
  • chefanie85
    Options
    I think everyone has those moments when their will seems to be failing. I stared down a pan of brownies all weekend. Thanks to the football party, I didn't get the chance to actually eat any. lol But it can be really difficult to stay on track sometimes. What helps me is to remember that this is a lifestyle change. I don't want to deprive myself or feel like I can't have something because I'm trying to be healthier. It really is helpful to have a support system. I'm lucky enough to have my sister, aunt, and a ton of friends doing this with me. I sent you a friend request, hope that's alright. I'm actually going to try and re-write some of my favorite, but less than healthy, recipes. If you'd like I can try and help you out with some healthier versions of some of your favorite things. Let me know! And don't give up, you can do this!! :)

3930497.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter