Options

Replies

• Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yep. Alone. Have been since 2008. :(
  • andreacord
    Options
    Just a holiday, but yep alone. Last year I had my wisdom teeth pulled on Vday and this year I get to spend 9 hours travelling home for Spring break, going to surprise my best friend when I get there. Hopefully her and her man aren't too pissed that I'm interrupting her night :P
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Alone again, as usual.. I try not to think about it. I'll plan a killer workout to get the endorphins flowing..
  • Crystler
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'll be alone in the 15th, I'm with my family, and I'm holding onto one guy and hogging him myself. :)
  • Chanels_mom
    Chanels_mom Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Alone again, as usual.. I try not to think about it. I'll plan a killer workout to get the endorphins flowing..

This!:smile:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    my mom is retiring from her main job on Valentines day so we are gonna celebrate together on Skype :D

Don't worry about being alone~~~there are plenty of Vdays and...a relationship usually means more than just holidays. Take care~
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am still freakin' married (separated) and I will be spending the day alone! Well, with my 6 year old son.... so not alone, but not with my SO.
  • megansoriano
    Options
    Alone and loving it!
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    Yes, my honey is in Korea for work. :(
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Alone for another day among many, what a lame holiday.
  • I work that day so it really doesn't matter.. Just another bull**** holiday..
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    V- Day is a made up event..who cares about it? It is the same as the other 364 days...

Oh..except its my Birthday!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Yup i will be a lone this year my hubs is deployed!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    It's just another day, screw it. Even when in a relationship I don't celebrate valentines day, because it is something that is "supposed" to happen. If a guy does something nice for you on valentines day it doesn't even count. He's just doing it because he has to. Long story short yes I am bitter and alone, but even if I wasn't, valentines is just another day.
  • Dammitviv
    Options
    Alone, unless you count the company of my 2 darling daughters.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'll be on my own...but we're doing Valentine's early... it's more important because it is my saint day so has a special bearing with me! :)

We like to do it as we don't see each other much due to our jobs and it's another "excuse" to splash out with the cash a bit and do something fancy, despite making our liaisons special anyway!

No, you shouldn't have to have an excuse, but it is nice, kind of sweet and fun! And lets face it we all like it really, those that genuinely don't are probably trying to convince themselves they don't care because they've noone to spend it with or are heartless, or cheapskates!

When I was younger and didn't have a bf, I'd still make an effort for Valentine's day by sending my sisters, brothers and parents a card, setting the breakfast table extra special and leave them all a flower and chocolate and generally make a fuss! It helps add an extra special day in the year where we all make an effort and remind each other as a family we do care, especially when sometimes we were like ships passing in the night with our busy lives and schedules.
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be alone only because my hubby is in Denver.

My son used to call Valentine's Day 'single awareness day'. Personally, I think too much fuss is made about it.
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    It's just another day, screw it. Even when in a relationship I don't celebrate valentines day, because it is something that is "supposed" to happen. If a guy does something nice for you on valentines day it doesn't even count. He's just doing it because he has to. Long story short yes I am bitter and alone, but even if I wasn't, valentines is just another day.

I don't think this is the case for all men... my OH genuinely gets excited about it... It's an excuse for us to do all the cheesy coupley stuff and get away with it. We secretly enjoy that...the rest of the time I try to ask for sensible presents and be demure and sophisticated/classy... we like the little bit of tackiness and sweet reminder of a little romantic valentine's surprise!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, whether I'm alone or not. I don't like being manipulated into celebrating by Hallmark.
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    V- Day is a made up event..who cares about it? It is the same as the other 364 days...

Oh..except its my Birthday!!

It's not made up although origins of Which St Valentine it refers to is mixed up which is why catholic church dont recognise it, however russian orthodox too and like a number of events, it became a "tradition" as opposed to religious event as a result of Chaucer... and its a lovely sweet thing to do. Some people take it to extremes and lay far too much emphasis on it and their relationship.

But as a fun day where we all share our love for one another, bf/gf/wife/husband and even brother/sister/parent... it's all good and lovely! :)