Billy Blanks

Options
Anyone doing a Billy Blanks DVD? i am currently doing the Tae Bo cardio explosion. I really like it execpt i definitely do not have the good form and technique down. i feel like i am flopping around like a fish out of water! Do you think i will still get results? I try my hardest but it takes serious coordination to do this exactly right!

Replies

• Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If your butt is off the couch you will see results :) your form will get better each time you do it. You could consider using a mirror to correct yourself.
  • kcalabama
    Options
    Tae Bo is GREAT exercise. I'm doing it and JungShin Fitness. The problem with all videos is that without understanding the form, you may not get as much out of it as you possibly could. So, I do this at my local gym, where a trainer makes sure I actually do it right. Few things to note that I got from the class:

One - Do EVERYTHING at your OWN SPEED! If you can't do the form correctly - slow down to half or quarter speed - don't try to keep up.
    Two - Protect your knees! We're overweight, our knees take a lot of abuse. Toes out more. Don't straighten your legs.
    Three - If you can't do it, look for a lower form of the same motion. For example, if you can't kick you leg - instead just bring your knee up.

Good luck - I've lost 8 inches on my waist in just a few weeks because of those two activities along with diet.
    And I can only do most things at about 1/2 speed :-)

Hope that helps :-)

Kelley
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I used to to do Tae Bo all the time - way back when my kid was little and I had four of the workouts on VHS! :tongue: I remember flopping around like a fish when I first started, but go slow, work on your form, and it will get better. Your balance and strength and technique will improve!

I like Billy - makes me want to go out and get one of his newer DVDs. Would probably have better results with it now, back then I wasn't tracking food, calories, or anything!
  • strawberry626
    strawberry626 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I really enjoy it. i just hope someday i can look half as good as they do while im doing the work out! I hope i get great results!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFj_w9JiTKw - beginners bootcamp. That might help to get the basic form down. I love TaeBo personally and love the fact they're all ripped and solid, such a motivation to keep pushing. There are a lot of videos on youtube, have a search through for one you're more comfortable with and then work up to the harder stuff
  • IvelisTorres2972
    IvelisTorres2972 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did the abs boot camp, was not doing moves as perfect as they were but i still had great results. Not so much on the scale but my bodies shape changed. Good luck