What is your favorite inspirational quote?

Options
This may have been done already, but I was wondering what some other MFP members favorite inspirational quotes might be? Mine is:

"The more effort you put into something, the more you get in return."

--- and ---

"Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows."

What are some of yours?........

Replies

• jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the Courage to start. - John Bingham.

This is the quote that got me through my weight loss journey and helped me achieve so many "firsts" aling the way.
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    "Don't give up your independence, unless it feels so right. Nothing good comes easily, sometimes you have to fight." ~ Amber by 311
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    "Nothing worth having comes without work"
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    "better to light one small candle then to curse the darkness"
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    These are some really nice quotes! Thanks for your input! :flowerforyou:
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's kinda long, but this is mine.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while DARING GREATLY so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    You're as young as you think you are. - My grandma
  • tjack10514
    Options
    A friend once told me this years ago. It has inspired me greatly.

"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got"
  • lovedaphka
    Options
    Don't give up what you truly want for what you want right now.
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    You won't know until you try.

Works for a lot of things, but I think about it every time I am faced with something new and I am afraid I won't be able to do it. When I think back on all the things I have been able to do, once I tried them, I get inspired to try more new things. And when I really step back and look at all the hard things I have been able to accomplish, losing weight is one of the easiest!
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Impossible is not a declaration, its a dare.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Sometimes opportunity knocks.. Sometimes, you got to break into opportunity's house, drag him out by the hair and make him your b**ch.
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    Sometimes opportunity knocks.. Sometimes, you got to break into opportunity's house, drag him out by the hair and make him your b**ch.

Hahaha.....I :heart: that!
  • changingcourse
    Options
    "What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

-Robert Schuller

(this is my email signature, BTW)
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    A year from now you will wish you had started today