NSV at Dr office this morning..................

Options
Guess who is no longer a full blown T2 Diabetic, but instead is reversed back to Insulin Resistance (pre-diabetes). Dr told me to keep doing what I am doing and to to get more sleep and to cut back on the cardio since I walk so much at work..............YAY ME!!!!!

I have only lost 40 pounds in the last year as I lose slow due to the Metabolic issues of Diabetes, Thyroid, Pituitary issues and PCOS.

The health benefits of eating a controlled carb lifestyle are more phenomenal than the weight loss itself.

No more meds for me except for the Thyroid meds (I take Armour) and that dosage was reduced from 1 grain down to 1/2 grain.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! Awesome news!!!
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Super Great Job, I know you are Proud........
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's great, good for you!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you! THE BEST reason for losing weight! I hope your doctor was suitably impressed as we all are.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    "ONLY" forty pounds?? Honey, don't short-change yourself; that is amazing! You have done a wonderful job! Keep up the great work, and congratulations on reaping the benefits of your dedication and discipline!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Super Great Job, I know you are Proud........

OMG, YES!!! I was so estatic that I am walking and floating on clouds.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    "ONLY" forty pounds?? Honey, don't short-change yourself; that is amazing! You have done a wonderful job! Keep up the great work, and congratulations on reaping the benefits of your dedication and discipline!

Yes, I say only 40 pounds because everyone else that I have been "coaching and assisting" with the low (controlled) carb lifestyle have blown past me with weight loss, while I chug along slowly.................

I have more health issues than they do, so I know that is why, but is still frustrating.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! - Exercise n Diet are the most important part of HEALTH - you are an inspiration to everyone out there!!!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    he told you to cut back on exercise?!?!
    WHOHOHO! now thats what i call a good doc visit! lol
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    he told you to cut back on exercise?!?!
    WHOHOHO! now thats what i call a good doc visit! lol

Cut back on Cardio and up the weight training............
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is great to hear keep up the great work :)))
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!!
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing!! I'm so happy to hear you're taking such good care of your health :D Way to take control of your life!
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I just talked my roommate into working on some of his health issues, including Type 2 Diabetes. I need to get him into the forums to see this stuff! We are waiting to get him into a doctor to get him some accurate information for what he should be working on, I know we are not doing anything bad, all we have done is cut his portion sizes to healthier, I think more accurate sizes and started him working out. He has been seeing better numbers when he tests, but your story will inspire him so much.

Thanks so much for sharing and simply amazing that is all I have to say about what you are doing for yourself. I can't even put into words how this makes me feel as far as hope goes for him. Inspirational to say the least! Keep it up!
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I have PCOS, too, and have been afraid to even TRY to lose weight. You are doing such a great job! I agree with you that controlling the carbs is a big part of it. I've been amazed at how much better I feel and how much more effective the meds I am on are when I am careful about the carbs and increase fiber. I keep fantasizing about a doctor appointment that might happen toward the end of this year, hoping I get results similar to yours! :) You are such an inspiration! Thank you so much for posting this and keep up the great work. You are jumping hurtles here!! :)

Shannon
  • rangipoint
    Options
    How cool is that eh! Way to go!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!!!

Healthy is as healthy does!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!