New to fitness pal, dieting for 2 weeks.

Options
I'm new to fitness pal one of my friends just told me about it today and I plan to stick with it as much as possible, how ever I have a few questions about some of this.

1 question I have is, How many ounces of water make 1 glass of water? A website I found says that 8 ounces of water is 1 glass but I'm not sure if that is right.

Another question I have is, Is it really really bad if I do not intake the amount of calories in my traker??

Replies

• smschaupp
    Options
    Anyone?
  • jsflare
    Options
    8 ounces is a glass of water, and you shouldnt go below 1200 calories in a day I believe.
  • mjok31
    mjok31 Posts: 84
    Options
    1 glass of water is 8 oz. As for ur second question , you should try to eat all the calories mfp has you set up to eat! Good luck!
  • midnightwhispers
    Options
    Hi there!

1 cup of water is 8 ounces. I use this as my glass reference. I'm drinking 72 ounces of water a day - 9 glasses roughly. And I'm always under my daily calorie intake. I can't eat when I'm not hungry and I'm not about to force myself to eat.
  • putemup
    Options
    welcome!!! Just one word of advice, still put in your foods even if you have an off day!!! Not doing it is way to easier and its ahrd to get back to it!!!
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to mfp!! 8 ounces of water equals one cup.....there are so many different sizes of glasses. What i do is use a cup that has 20 ounces marked off on it ( it's my blender/shaker cup that i use for my shakes). I drink 3 at work (60 ounces), then drink water w/ dinner & 2-3 cups of green tea thru-out the day. Hope this answers your question!!
  • Smansfield1
    Smansfield1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Most people's problem when trying to lose weight is they eat TOO little calories. This can cause your metabolism to slow down and from that you don't lose weight or you lose very little weight. You should also be eating back at least some of your exercise calories. Try to make sure you net 1200 calories a day.