Zumba on Wii or Dance party for workouts? need some info

Options
i wanna get sum of these games for today when i get my wii, which ones do you prefer??

Replies

• Chip10k
    Chip10k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just bought the zumba for Wii. ive only done it once but it was a lot of fun and it burned a good amount of calories. Its nice because i can dance around my living room and not in front of a whole bunch of people.
  • mc322011
    mc322011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and just dance! I did and hour and 1/2 on saturday! I spent 560 calories! Zumba is a lot of fun! it'S training but you have fun!

try it! you'll love it!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I do Just Dance 3 at home on my Wii (mostly with my kid) and go to a Zumba class a few times a week. I couldn't imagine doing Zumba alone in my house in front of my tv!
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I love Wii Zumba and Just Dance 2 and 3. Both get you sweating and your heart pumping. My calves were burning doing Zumba.
  • linny786
    Options
    Zumba for wii is awesome! I lost 8 pounds in the month of January & all i did was Zumba...it is a lot of fun too.
  • jnbud2002
    Options
    I have Just Dance 3 on the kinect and it is a lot of fun. I haven't tried it with my HRM, but I know I burned a nice amount!
  • PagalM
    PagalM Posts: 19
    Options
    Zumba 2 for Wii!! Not the first Zumba. The second one has actual workouts already put together for you in 30, 45 or 60 min increments. It keeps track of calories burned, how long you play, how many days you log on etc. The workouts are pretty much equivalant to the original Zumba dvds if not a little bit harder!
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness 2 & love it - I just bought Just Dance 3 today!
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have just dance 3 and Zumba for Wii. they are both fun. I think the Zumba burns more calories quicker, but the just dance 3 is more fun, and you have a wider selection of songs and types of dance. They are both a great workout! I switch off between the 2. :love:
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I take a zumba class at the gym, but finally picked up the Zumba Fitness game just this weekend. Haven't tried it yet, but will come back to write about how it compares- the good things I've heard here are what convinced me!
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have both! They are both fun but I think if I were you I would start with Zumba. There is a schedule and different levels to choose from!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I've got both just dance 3 and zumba for the wii and at the moment I'm loving just dance 3 more than anything. the kids love joining in too x
  • TigersLions
    Options
    I prefer Kinect to Wii as I think Kinect might force your moves to be a little more precise. With that said, I have done Zumba, Just Dance 3, and Dance Central 3. I like the Zumba (1) but I am missing the variety of moves and songs. Seems like the same thing over and over. I plan on checking out Zumba 2. For Dance Central and Just Dance, I just put it on one of the preset playlists. I am going to be making my own playlists to make sure my heart rate stays up. I will be testing all three of these games with my heart rate monitor soon to figure out if it is "safe" to replace one of my eliptical or running workouts in terms of calories burnt. Right now, I'd say that Just Dance gets my heart rate up more than Dance Central although I like both when just considering the fun aspect.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have the 1st Zumba and Country Dance and I love them both! Can't wait to get the others!! Good luck with your choices! :)

16777058.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Zumba all the way! I do it for at least 45 mins a day on the Wii!
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    JD3 has great songs that keep you moving. I lose track of time and sweat like crazy. I am also eager to try Zumba. Have fun!
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have zumba 2 for wii and love it!
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have zumba 2 for the wii. I really enjoy it. I was able to customize a playlist to dance to, picking from the songs they offer. It includes a waist strap so you can put the remote in there so you don't have to hold it. In my customized workout that I created, in one hour I burn 976 calories. I would rather do zumba at home, with the curtains drawn. I've tried it at the gym, and it just wasn't for me.
  • Molly_Pitcher
    Molly_Pitcher Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, I bought the Zumba and hated it. I just am not coordinated enough to keep up with it and wasn't a huge fan of the music.
    I did loose my first 45 lbs doing nothing but Just dance 2 & 3. 45 minutes a day for 4 months and success! The trick is to run in place between the songs to keep your heart rate up.
    I am now light enough that I am more physically capable of doing other things I jsut couldn't before like yoga and running (Ran my first full mile last week!!) So if the Just dance people are out there I am shouting out the big thanks!

Oh and I ahve Dance Dance Revolution, I like ti but it takes too long to load between songs and I loose the heart pumping burn waiting!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Zumba everytime! Its wicked! X