Big Goal-New to MFP

Options
143. That number seems so far away, so unattainable.

For years, like most people, I've struggled with weight. Trying to diet, to maintain, to accept. Its easy to fall back onto the crutches that I so often let myself have (I'll have just one tonight...well maybe 2....I'll work out tomorrow, I had a busy day...etc). But the fact of the matter is that I allowed myself to reach where I am now, which is about as bottom of the barrel as I've ever been. A shameful 278 lbs, which I forced upon myself as I let life get in the way of my health.

So, last week my fiance and I cut the crap (he's in roughly the same boat as myself.) and we've started our trek.

We joined a gym, forcing ourselves to attend. I'm up to 15 minutes on the treadmill (2.5 MPH, with a 2% incline) followed with 7 minutes on the stationary bike, and weights (alternating days between upper and lower body).

We also have cut back calories/fat and cut out soda (except 1 at lunch).

The biggest issue for us is support, since we're both creatures of bad habit. Our families are supportive, but not actively so.

It's going to be a difficult road, and we both know it, so finding MFP was a nice deal (we found the Apps on our IPads..and it was even better finding a website!

So, anyways, that's my introduction...hopefully we'll be able to keep posting positive outcomes!

Replies

• LMT90
    LMT90 Posts: 24
    Options
    You can do this. Well you both can & together! :smile: x
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    This is a great site and the community is very supportive. You can add me as a friend if you like, I got 100 lbs plus to lose myself.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, if you need some support. Good luck to you and your honey.
  • silkii_locks
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. I've got nearly 200 lbs to lose. You're not in this alone! :-)