Heart Rate Monitor or Fitbit or Both

Options
I use the heart rate monitor and calories burned count on the machines at the gym, but I know they aren't super accurate and I'd like to get a better idea of how many calories burned in a day as well as during my workouts.

Please note that I'm VERY unfamiliar with heart rate monitors and only know a little about the fitbit from a friend who has one. Should I get one or the other or potentially both if its an option for me (Which it might if I ask for one as a gift for my b'day next month).

Replies

• Courtneycms88
    Courtneycms88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I personally bought a FitBit a few months ago and enjoy using it. I use it to measure my activity level throughout the day and if by mid-day I still am really low on steps I will find ways to add more walking in. When it came to the gym I felt like I was working harder than the FitBit gave me credit for so instead of using the FitBit for that I was able to find a Polar FT60 on Amazon for a great price. I feel like using both is helping teach me a good fitness level and hopefully one day I wont have to wear them.
  • mell312
    mell312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks...thinking that both will work best. Wish I could buy both now, but guess I'll have to wait until my birthday.
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've been debating the same thing! I feel like the fitbit does a heck of a lot more than an HRM and you don't have to wear a chest strap...I haven't quite made up my mind yet though either.
  • mell312
    mell312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a lot of research in the heart rate monitors but I thought some of them were watches and not ones that had to be strapped to the chest?