FRUSTRATED!!!!!!

Options
My goal is to lose 25lbs. Thus far I've lost 17lbs since October 2011. I was trying to be at goal weight by Valentine's, but at this point I can kiss that good-bye. I've read various forum topics. Some people say to eat back your exercise calories so I did that last week and BOOM! I gained back 0.6lbs. I am getting so frustrated!!!! I've come SO FAR and it's starting to feel like I'll never get to my goal and maintenance. I work out 5-7 days a week. I average around 1200 calories a day. Eating more calories just seems asinine to me so what do I do??? Please help!!!!

SW 190
CW 173
GW 165

10502719.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    For some it really does work to eat MORE... if nothing else seems to be doing it, I say give it a try. One week. It doesn't seem as though it could hurt. :flowerforyou:
  • wendrobn
    wendrobn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't be frustrated. .6 pounds isn't anything to be upset about.

I think you need to eat a little bit more. I know it sounds silly, but eating too few calories can end up biting you in the butt.

I would up it to at least 1350 calories and maybe eating back 50-75% of your exercise calories.

Good Luck! You've done a great job so far.
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I say just do the same as what you have been doing. You lost a good bit so you must be doing something right!
  • heights180
    heights180 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    do you remember that first day when you started, when you were like wow i have 25 to lose, now you only have 8 to lose... you are very close, be proud of yourself, and be positive.. stress causes weight gain.. keep on working hard, you are more than half way there... god bless
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Give your body more than 1 week at eating your exercise calories. Change things up with your workout - do the treadmill or another machine your body isn't use to. Try not to step on the scale for a week or two and then give it a go.
  • crisox5211
    Options
    The last time I hit a plateau and seemed to be gaining in small amounts, I went to a low carb diet for a week or so and it seemed to help jump start my diet back. The bad thing was I stopped exercising a few months later and I am know trying to lose the 10 lbs I gained back!
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    do you remember that first day when you started, when you were like wow i have 25 to lose, now you only have 8 to lose... you are very close, be proud of yourself, and be positive.. stress causes weight gain.. keep on working hard, you are more than half way there... god bless

Thank you for the encouragement!!!! I'm not going to stop working til I get there!!!! :smile:
  • jnance82
    Options
    Don't be frustrated. .6 pounds isn't anything to be upset about.

I think you need to eat a little bit more. I know it sounds silly, but eating too few calories can end up biting you in the butt.

I would up it to at least 1350 calories and maybe eating back 50-75% of your exercise calories.

Good Luck! You've done a great job so far.

I am so scared to eat more and then undo all the hard work I've put in...
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me not to eat back the exercise calories. Unless your net will put you below 1200. I'm eating 1530 per day. I don't know what's really right or not, but I know that she used MFP successfully and dropped 70 pounds. So, I'm following what she tells me. But if you are only eating 1200 to start with, I'd say up the calories. Good luck.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I, too, was at that point where I just WASN'T losing - no matter HOW hard I worked out, how healthy I ate, how much water I drank. I tell you I did EVERYTHING THE WAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO!!!! Then I read an article that suggested eating for your TARGET weight - set your calorie limit to be what your BMR would be at your goal weight. That meant an additional 200 calories for me! I fought it in my head - and fought it ferociously!

For the past week I ate those additional 200 calores a day (but did not eat back my exercise calories). To my wonderous surprise - I LOST 2.6 pounds! It seemed really asinine to me at first as well....but I'm telling you - it worked for me. Sometimes you have to just take that leap of faith.

BEST OF LUCK!!!
  • jnance82
    Options
    Yeah I read that in a message board too and I have been too chicken to try it. In my mind I'm thinking if I eat all those calories I'm going to end up right back where I started and that terrifies me to no end.