Insanity for 2 weeks and no weight loss/gain

Options
I have been doing the Insanity DVD series for about 2 weeks now. I am surprised that I am not gaining or losing weight. I was hoping for about 10 pounds of weight loss in 90 days or so.

I am currently doing around 1,750 NET calories per day and just maintaining my current weight. Is this too much?

Replies

• mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    That happened to me when i first started with Insanity... But i was loosing inches....Have you measured yourself?
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Yes - but 2 weeks is hard to tell if there is much difference or is it measuring errors. Maybe I need to give it more time.
  • jazzie2421
    Options
    I'm actually glad you guys brought this up. Is it really as good as the reviews say? What about people who have injuries, I have a lumbar injury. Is this something I can work my way up to full fledged? Thanks!!
  • GoMizzou99
    Options
    There are lots of warnings about back, knee, and ankle issues. I am not a doctor but two weeks into the series tells me that you should pay attention to the warnings. I would also recommend watching the infomercial to see some of the exercises. I have a minor left knee issue, so i don't do deep lunges on that side as my work-around.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I did it for 5 weeks and didn't lose anything I lost like an inch though.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that you're gaining muscle, and that's why you're not seeing your results on the scale. Once your muscles start to get stronger, they get really hungry, and they'll start eating your fat! A lot of people say that they feel like they get fatter when they first start working out because they gain muscle!

Insanity/p90x are really for people who want to gain muscle, so I'm not surprised when I see people saying they're not losing pounds when they're doing these workouts!

Ignore the scale, and look at the way your clothing fits - those results will feel/look wayy better than any number on a scale will!
  • KTKTP
    KTKTP Posts: 22
    Options
    I did the entire first month of insanity and actually gained 5 lbs, and my pants got tighter, which would be great except that I am a girl and I am NOT looking to bulk up, but slim and tone down. Maybe if I had gone through the second month I would have gotten lean, but I was too discouraged and frustrated to continue, so I quit.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I didn't loose any lbs or inches when I did it for almost three weeks. And I started having problems with my knees etc which I found odd cause I have never had problems...I find that my body does better with straight cardio
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I only lost 7 lbs (each round, and i did 2 rounds) ..But the first round i lost 16 inches... second round 8 inches. Some people lose a ton of lbs, but others lose tons of inches. Dont sweat it. Its not unusual.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/twinmama1987

^^ my results form 2 rounds of p90x and 2 rounds of insanity.
  • slbeutler
    Options
    Most of your weight loss comes down to your diet, so if you are truly eating the right number of calories to lose weight then you should be losing. I do have people who have told me they don't see significant weight loss until after 30 days, but if you are trying to lose and eating the right number of calories you should be losing. I don't know your stats, but I burn betwen 600 and 700 calories doing Insanity, so I eat almost 1800 calories a day and sometimes more. You might want to increase your calories a bit.
  • GoMizzou99
    Options
    Thanks for all of yoru responses. I think I will stay with my current caloric intake for at least another week and see what happens.

I was already in pretty good shape before I started this workout, but Insanity is so intense and the calorie burn so high (550-650 for me per 40 min session), that I expected to see some weight loss. Time will tell.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of yoru responses. I think I will stay with my current caloric intake for at least another week and see what happens.

I was already in pretty good shape before I started this workout, but Insanity is so intense and the calorie burn so high (550-650 for me per 40 min session), that I expected to see some weight loss. Time will tell.

I am an Insanity lover!!!! What were you doing for a workout before Insanity? My boyfriend had the same thing happen to him. He did it for a month and nothing changed at all. His shines hurt and his knees. Me on the other hand had really good results! Message me or we can chat on here about it. It's my favorite program!
  • tladkin
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight during the first round of insanity during the second round or time that i did i lost 10 pounds so its really a body thing but im glad i wasnt the only one with this issue
  • GoMizzou99
    Options
    I used to do 60 minutes of weights and 15 minutes each on tereadmill/spinner every other day. I got so bored with the long workout that I tried Insanity. I like it because it is so different and seems to be just as effective as my long workout routine.
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    it says in the book if you arent loosing weight to try and lower your calorie count by 500. i lost 5lbs the first week, 2lbs the second and 2lbs the third. for this week im lowering my calories down by 500 so ill let u know what happens. hopefully i survive. lol
  • GoMizzou99
    Options
    it says in the book if you arent loosing weight to try and lower your calorie count by 500. i lost 5lbs the first week, 2lbs the second and 2lbs the third. for this week im lowering my calories down by 500 so ill let u know what happens. hopefully i survive. lol

I have been using up (eating) my "net" calories gained from the workout. Based on your response, I will only use 150 calories of my workout for my recovery drink...instead of 550-650 calories burned in each workout. We'll see if that works. Thanks.
  • JillyCoop
    Options
    I did the entire Insanity workout....fabulous workout! I lost inches and no weight. I don't have much to lose so that is ok. It does completely reshape your body after the 60 days. You are building muscle...so as long as you are losing inches that is GREAT!
  • runrgrrl
    runrgrrl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Stick with it...it will happen! I am beginning the 2nd wweek of the 2nd month (week 7 of 9)...I have not lost a single lb and definitely can lose about 8-10lbs. HOWEVER, i have lost 10.6 inches all over my body and expect more. I am watching my diet, increased the protein and am way under my caloric amount per day. Everyone is different and its definitely frustrating....check these below and readjust;

1. burn more than you eat....hopefully this is the case with insanity
    2. curtail carbs...if u usually have a full bagel, have half, if you usually have 2 cups of pasta - have one
    3. stess on the protein...more protein!!
    4. never eat carbs on their own...always have some protein it offsets the insulin boosts
    5. Never eat carbs before bed...the body naturally produces a fat-liberating hormone called growth hormone (GH) within the initial 90 minutes of sleep.- GH not only increases fat-burning but is required to build mass and strengthen the immune system. Yet carbs put a damper on GH release, so it's ideal to go to bed under one of two scenarios: on an empty stomach or, even better, having consumed only protein...so if you are a night muncher...munch on a boiled egg, or have a protein shake
    6. eat more small meals per day - 6-8 mini meals
    7. post exercise replenishment - 30 to 40 grams of protein within the hour post work out
    8 Empty Your Glycogen Stores Once Every Two Weeks - Limit your total carbs on two consecutive days every two weeks or so to less than 100 grams per day. This will require you to know how many grams of carbohydrates are in the foods you eat and have the discipline to be very strict on your intake. Your diligence will be rewarded with a noticeable difference in bodyfat. After two days, you can return to a more normal, though not excessive, carb intake.

Am I doing all these things...no...but i am trying to follow this advice and sometimes I just cant do it myself...I have done it all in the past and know it works. Drink tons of water :))

neck 0.20
    chest 2.00
    right bicep 0.00
    left bicep 0.50
    waist 1.40
    hips 1.60
    back 1.50
    belly 1.50
    r thigh 1.00
    L thigh 0.90
    TOTAL 10.60
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It was 3 or 4 weeks before I noticed any differences. Stick with it!
  • sensation1101
    Options
    Hi guys, saw the coversasion and thought id chip in as an insanity grad.

You will not see any weight loss in the first month - the real weight loss and results come in the second month. I lost almost 3 stone on the insanity program and that was not sticking to the nutrition plan religeously. All i did was cut out bread, sweets and fizzy drinks and then ate reasonably sensibly throughput.

You will not see results until month 2 guys so just stick with it.